Why become a member? ×

Richie Kotzen

Marvin

And he plays bass, and does bass solos. Frustratingly talented

@2mins

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxFzN8OaL0&index=86&list=UUFsuTwk0dVjXu6z7UHKeC7A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxFzN8OaL0&index=86&list=UUFsuTwk0dVjXu6z7UHKeC7A[/url]

Edited by Marvin

First heard him play years ago with the Fever Dream album. Great stuff! Then he joined Poison and I thought "Ugh!..." and lost interest, me being young and idealistic and all that crap. Then last year I heard Winery Dogs and thought Holy sh*t, the guy is massively talented, and now I gotta work back through his career and pick up what I missed. :ph34r:

Saw him 2wice in recent years in Glasgow but he seems to have stopped coming to Scotland. Can't blame him though as the crowds weren't exactly massive, even in small rooms. His ability is incredible and his songs are great. Maybe it's because he's a grumpy sod. Actually, the last time I saw him was in the ABC 2 and Cheap Trick were playing upstairs in ABC 1. His promotor-sxheduler should have been shot. 12 string bass thumping through the ceiling all night while he was playing.

I saw him (and ended up sound engineering the gig) at the launch of the Cornford RK100 at the yacht club in Whitstable. Paul Cornford was trying to do the sound but he's useless at it so I did it. Ritchie was very drunk and played a blinder. Amp sounded good too. Designed by my good friend and band mate, Martin Kidd. (Mart also is designing the Victory stuff)

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1409931881' post='2544752']
I saw him (and ended up sound engineering the gig) at the launch of the Cornford RK100 at the yacht club in Whitstable. Paul Cornford was trying to do the sound but he's useless at it so I did it. Ritchie was very drunk and played a blinder. Amp sounded good too. Designed by my good friend and band mate, Martin Kidd. (Mart also is designing the Victory stuff)
[/quote]

That's mega, on all counts. I'm a Kotzen fan too. Great singer, incredible guitarist.

First I heard RK was on the Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey OST, been a fan since then. Lucky enough to have seen him live two or three times. Was 4 feet away from him on the Cornford stand at MusicLive in Birmingham once, but he reeked of booze and looked grumpy so I didn't dare speak to him (never meet your idols and all that).

The guy is ridiculously talented in all departments, one of my all-time favourite singers too. Glad someone posted the 'Payin' Dues' video, it's a great example of him doing what he does best.

Saw Richie play an acoustic show in the 12 bar club in Denmark St. quite a few years ago.
Had a good natter with him & his dad afterwards, both really nice people.

(The support that night was Seasick Steve, who was absolutely f***ing terrible. I couldn't believe it when he went on to become so successful).