Why become a member? ×

Great customer service from Warwick

Clarky

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1405276715' post='2500410']
I hope you emailed the brewery to complain if you got a duff pint. :)
[/quote]

I would have cut out the middle man & complained directly to the farmer who grew the hops.....

:) Nice twist there Clarky.

Shame that [i]some[/i] subsequent posters have used it as a platform to extend their sly, unpleasant mockery of BC-er Thunderbird beyond the thread he posted elsewhere [edit: and which is now locked]. AFAIC, a small clique of members have been idly ganging up on someone when they could profitably be contemplating the meaning of the word 'community'. Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1405353696' post='2501133']
It does seem a bit much, the old thread wound up with a lot of piss taking but some how that wasn't enough?
[/quote]

Indeed and my point exactly.

Thankfully someone's locked the old thread now. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1405353621' post='2501131']

Shame that [i]some[/i] subsequent posters have used it as a platform to extend their sly, unpleasant mockery of BC-er Thunderbird beyond the thread he posted elsewhere [edit: and which is now locked]. AFAIC, a small clique of members have been idly ganging up on someone when they could profitably be contemplating the meaning of the word 'community'.
[/quote]

I also felt uncomfortable and actually very disappointed at the way Thunderbird was being mocked by some of the people that I've always previously had respect for.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1405364200' post='2501285']

I also felt uncomfortable and actually very disappointed at the way Thunderbird was being mocked by some of the people that I've always previously had respect for.
[/quote]
Having read that thread to make sense of this I didn't see much mocking so much as someone who had maybe made a mistake but understandably didn't want to lose face publicly admitting it. The gracious thing would be for the others to let it drop. Even though he clearly felt he had a genuine grievance the sensible thing for him would have also been to drop it. The latter seems to have happened, so...

Shame that [i]some[/i] subsequent posters have used it as a platform to extend their sly, unpleasant mockery of BC-er Thunderbird beyond the thread he posted elsewhere [edit: and which is now locked]. AFAIC, a small clique of members have been idly ganging up on someone when they could profitably be contemplating the meaning of the word 'community'.
[/quote]

I suppose I was somewhat guilty of that. Sorry TBird. However, being a former Warwick devotee, I have great respect for the company and its ethics, and had good comms and help from them. So I was a bit irked by TBird's comments.

Shame that [i]some[/i] subsequent posters have used it as a platform to extend their sly, unpleasant mockery of BC-er Thunderbird beyond the thread he posted elsewhere[/quote]

I've seen it happen before on BC. I think some people are just desperate to be part of the gang.