Why become a member? ×

Save The Fleece from closure

Mornats

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1401056028' post='2459690']
Petition signed, but you do realise that there is no chance of winning this in the long game, due to the recent Supreme Court ruling on the Milton Keynes Speedway stadium.
[/quote]

I'd like to think that (at current count) there are 33,735 chances of something happening. The mayor of Bristol owns at least two music venues (The Grain Barge and The Tobacco Factory) so I do hope he's listening.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1401056339' post='2459697']
I'd like to think that (at current count) there are 33,735 chances of something happening. The mayor of Bristol owns at least two music venues (The Grain Barge and The Tobacco Factory) so I do hope he's listening.
[/quote]

On the other hand (and I don't know the bloke) he could see it as an ideal opportunity to take down the competition!

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1401187921' post='2460871']
According to this news article he's behind The Fleece (as is the Bristol East MP): [url="http://www.bristol247.com/2014/05/27/bristol-mp-and-mayor-back-campaign-to-save-the-fleece-46325/"]http://www.bristol24...e-fleece-46325/[/url]
[/quote]
In which case good for the mayor and the MP!!

The Fleece is throwing a free entry party tomorrow night in thanks of all the support they've received (38,000 people have signed the petition so far) and to raise further awareness of their situation.

Edited by miles'tone