Why become a member? ×

Has ANYONE got a current contact number for Jon letts of Lettsbass?

Shockwave

This thread has been re-opened after multiple requests and consideration from the moderation team.

However, we ask that this thread proceeds with caution. Any action which can be regarded as bullying or "lynching" will see this thread locked again immediately. We suggest that this thread is used for Letts' customers to discuss/express rather than targeting their employees.

On a personal note I would like to wish John and his company all the best at this trying time both with his family and his business :)

"Life is what happens while you're planning other things" [i]John Lennon. [/i]I've no doubt that Jon set out with the very best of intentions building basses. My best wishes for you and your family Jon.

Less than a year ago, I visted another BC'er to sell him some bits n bobs. I ended up playing his basses and one of them was a Letts 5 string fretless. It caught my eye from the moment I saw it and found myself still playing it a while later. I asked for first refusal if the owner ever wanted to sell it and now, it sits to my left in easy reach.

I didn't particularly like singlecuts before this one, but this thing is nothing less than beautiful, it's the best fretless I've ever played and the only one I've ever [i]really [/i]got on with. It's really light too :)

I love my Letts 5 string singlecut, I've barely touched any of my other instruments since I collected it. Once I've paid for the new kitchen and bathroom and am in brownie points credit I might just pull the trigger on a fretless version.

Edited by Matt P

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite new to Basschat, so I hadn't seen this thread before.

I bought a Letts 5 string fretless nearly two years ago, and as anyone who tried it out recently at the Midland Bass Bash can vouch, its simply lovely.
When commissioning and buying this bass I found Jon to be very helpful, and he shared pictures of the build on Facebook.

I sympathise equally with those awaiting their build, and with Jon and his family in their circumstances. I have no reason to doubt his honesty, however naïve his recent customer care practises might appear. As the cliché goes, what doesn't kill you makes you strong. I too look forward to reading the reviews once the backlog basses start to appear.

I've been given a three month estimate on completion of my bass, it was purchased as part of the last BassChat offer.
I had an email from Jon earlier this week.

Although not ideal, and a very long wait I'm still hopeful the bass is going to be worth the wait.

I guess as above, we shall see

I ordered mine one year ago.

It was nearly finished since 4 months. The East preamp was missing. (east was flooded in last decembers + huge lack of communication...)

Jon received it 4days ago. So the bass [i]should[/i] be finished in the next days.

Edited by Fayfay

[quote name='Fayfay' timestamp='1400437236' post='2453866']
I ordered mine one year ago.

It was nearly finished since 4 months. The East preamp was missing. (east was flooded in last decembers + huge lack of communication...)

Jon received it 4days ago. So the bass [i]should[/i] be finished in the next days.
[/quote]

My experience with John East is that he replies to emails almost immediately, and despatches items pretty much the same day that they're ordered.

If that's the reason you've been given for the delay in your bass, then personally I wouldn't believe it.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I have been waiting for 2 years longer than my basses original completion date... Jon has been in contact with me via email, but most of these emails are very arguementative and volitile. He also built me a 7 string a while ago that had many issues and he stated he would build a replacement, this never happened and that too was 2 years ago. I had to show Jon messages he sent me to prove he stated he would build a replacement before he acknowledged it. The situation has deteriorated so much it looks like court action will be needed. :(

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/190089-lettsbasses-basschat-special-the-winter-edition/page__st__210"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/190089-lettsbasses-basschat-special-the-winter-edition/page__st__210[/url]

Worth a thorough read... apparently Jon is now refusing to supply me any bass! and I have not had any luck with him returning my deposit either. Advice is welcome.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm going to lock this down as "Under Review".[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can anyone who would like to discuss this or any other case of the same nature please use the "Report" functionality on this post and I will PM them tomorrow[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Please note, locking this thread may or may not be a temporary measure. This is a safeguard for the current situation [/font][/color]