Why become a member? ×

Ok I admit it, Fodera's are amazing

paulie

I finally gave in and got a Fodera to see what the fuss was about and I have to admit that as soon as I picked it up I had that pre CBS Fender bond thing. It felt like an old friend. Plays like a demon and sounds amazing.
The build quality is 10/10 as in every aspect is perfect, no minor flaws or blemishes at all (take not Jimmy Coppolo!)
The balance is unreal and the sound is spot on.

Im one of the guys who slated their price tag and status but I have to say the status is deserved. However I still feel they are overpriced. My bass for example retails at about $10,000! I didnt pay near that but I have to say they do deserve to be one of the more expensive basses out there but not twice the price of their nearest rival.

But that aside they are the bomb![attachment=154196:IMG_0823.jpg]

[quote name='paulie' timestamp='1391549286' post='2358550']
I finally gave in and got a Fodera to see what the fuss was about and I have to admit that as soon as I picked it up I had that pre CBS Fender bond thing. It felt like an old friend. Plays like a demon and sounds amazing.
The build quality is 10/10 as in every aspect is perfect, no minor flaws or blemishes at all (take not Jimmy Coppolo!)
The balance is unreal and the sound is spot on.

Im one of the guys who slated their price tag and status but I have to say the status is deserved. However I still feel they are overpriced. My bass for example retails at about $10,000! I didnt pay near that but I have to say they do deserve to be one of the more expensive basses out there but not twice the price of their nearest rival.
[/quote]

I have serious GAS for one too. Yours looks a beaut. I'm selling/trading my Alembic for this exact urge!

I too was impressed (MG5) - 10/10 build, fit and finish and great core tone and playability. In the end the board was simply too wide and I went to super-skinny shorties. Can't say I really miss the Fodera and probably wouldn't want another, however, a beautiful thing and nice to have around. The OP's new one looks absolutely lovely! As for price, well - the main basses in this bracket seem to be Foderas, Alembics and Ritters: I've owned two of the three and can understand the premium - whether it's justified is entirely subjective

I played several Foderas at Bassgear and loved one (can't remember the model) and just liked the others, but a lot!

The quality oozes out of them when you pick them up and plug them in. I liked the tone and feel but, while I was grateful for the experience, like driving a Bentley, I felt no urge to own one.

I only buy gear to gig and sadly what I'm doing these days is far too "downmarket" for one of these wonderful instruments.

Looks like a beautiful bass.

On the price thing, the price is driven by what somebody will pay for a good or service and can be relatively unrelated to the cost of producing the good or service. So if a $10,000 swing ticket still results in sales then that is probably the market rate for that thing with that brand.

So very subjective, not sure I'd part with $10k for a bass personally :) .

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1391551051' post='2358585']
They should sell pre road worn ones. As I wouldn't want to be the guy who puts the first dent in one of those.
[/quote]

This idea has legs!
For those that don't want the full road worn look
[URL=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/gafbass02/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/gafbass02/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The first dink range, perfect but for one small chip, nick, knock, dent or drummer footprint.

Hmmmmm

Edited by gafbass02

Cheers for the replies guys
Yeah its a strange thing about instruments. At the end of the day they have to create music and in order to have a favorite instrument you need to connect with it. Spending 10k on a high end bass will ensure you get a fantastic instrument but it wont guarantee that you bond with it.
Thankfully on this occasion I have and it cost me a lot less than 10k

I've never even seen a fodera bass in the flesh but at what point does extra money spent stop buying extra playability and pays only for the finish or the name..... It's a genuine question.

I'm not meaning a whole issue about fodera again as it's clearly a piece of work worth admiring, it's just that I ain't ever gonna be able to look at something like this with a realistic chance of ever affording It this side of retirement.

I hope you enjoy every note played my friend. I would love one.