Why become a member? ×

check this awesome invention out.

winterfire666

I'm sorry but there are many guitarists that can do that with their fingers. All it does it restrict the instrument instead of expanding it. It's got some uses I suppose.

You could never do this on it, but then again not many people can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRRaakNfRrQ

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1390419171' post='2345312']
yeah but for that money its worth a play for those without the necessary skills to pull that off.
very nice playin though.
[/quote]

What problem does it solve? What new technology is it using? How does it facilitate a new form of expression with a guitar?

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1390426821' post='2345439']
I'm sure I've seen old stringed instruments (as in ones from the 18th century) in the Horniman Museum that used a similar technique to play the strings.
[/quote]

Yes, I've seen those too. The Horniman Museum has a truly fantastic collection of instruments.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1390427759' post='2345452']
Yes, I've seen those too. The Horniman Museum has a truly fantastic collection of instruments.
[/quote]

It is a bonkers old place. The cathedral of death on the main floor with Blobby the Massive Crap Walrus in the middle, the incredible music room, the unusual ethnographic bit, it's all a bit mad.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1390430568' post='2345503']
I wasn't very taken by it on acoustic, but on electric it reminded me of a Hohner Clavinet. That could be fun for certain kinds of part. It's not going to revolutionize the instrument, but it could be a fun thing to pull out for an overdub.
[/quote]

That is pretty much what i had in mind personally.

I thought that the device had a distinct sound of its own. While the two "unassisted" guitarists posted where obviously very clever, they did not sound (to me) the same as the device. Whether you like the sound of the device is a different and personal matter!

[size=4]I can't see a great market for it myself, but I have no philosophical problem with it being out there as an option.[/size]

Edited by Count Bassy