Why become a member? ×

behringer's take on the streamliner...

LukeFRC

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1390347653' post='2344494']
check out the behringer website product list

[url="http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/index.aspx"]http://www.behringer...ucts/index.aspx[/url]

scroll down to "bass" - now that picture looks suspiciously like a new product... some kind of streamliner copy?
[/quote]

you can just about see it says veyron on the upper left of the front of the head in the picture...no info about it on the site though

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1390347653' post='2344494']
check out the behringer website product list

http://www.behringer.com/EN/products/index.aspx

scroll down to "bass" - now that picture looks suspiciously like a new product... some kind of streamliner copy?
[/quote]

Mmm looks very similar, thats the deal with these guys. They have 'possibly' done in the style of / clone of an Ashdown ABM, SVT, SVT8 type amp. This is I guess the next logical step breaking into the lightweight area. I wonder if thats why the streamliner can be had for so little money £399 retail is it a fend off? That a very low price for such a well made amp!!! to the retailer thats probably £150-200 Not sure you can undercut that with a decent product!

unless the streamliner is being stopped, sp there is a factory in china somewhere all tooled up to make them. its not the biggest leap to think that one conversation with behringer, theu already do class D stuff with the inuke stuff....

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1390396448' post='2344866']
Definitely a TC RH450/Streamliner combination.

The Genz amps are no longer in production. The Genz staff are now (apparently) working with Fender on the Fender amps, (new Rumble series it appears).

The Genz prices now are crazy. Grab whilst you can!
[/quote]

Thats a great marketing move by Fender, spend a lot of years building up a credible brand, incl all the brown paper bags of Greens to the Bass whisperer then hang it.... Watch out the bean counters are out.....

[quote name='dan670844' timestamp='1390399318' post='2344940']
Thats a great marketing move by Fender, spend a lot of years building up a credible brand, incl all the brown paper bags of Greens to the Bass whisperer then hang it.... Watch out the bean counters are out.....
[/quote]

To be fair, a great bass amp with 'Fender' on the front of it is worth more to Fender than one with 'Genz Benz' on it.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1390399455' post='2344945']
To be fair, a great bass amp with 'Fender' on the front of it is worth more to Fender than one with 'Genz Benz' on it.
[/quote]

Not to most bass players, I'm afraid. Fender guitar amps are legendary, and the all-tube Fender Bassman models are just as iconic, and nobody would dare argue the impact of The Fender Bass, but few people will remember Fender for the solid state and hybrid bass amps they've issued throughout the years, even if they were great. I don't really know why, some great amps were among them (think of the TB600 and TB1200 and the great TBP-1 preamp). Whereas Genz Benz have a solid reputation both for their awesome bass amps and their ported guitar cabinets.

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1390400281' post='2344965']
Not to most bass players, I'm afraid. Fender guitar amps are legendary, and the all-tube Fender Bassman models are just as iconic, and nobody would dare argue the impact of The Fender Bass, but few people will remember Fender for the solid state and hybrid bass amps they've issued throughout the years, even if they were great. I don't really know why, some great amps were among them (think of the TB600 and TB1200 and the great TBP-1 preamp). Whereas Genz Benz have a solid reputation both for their awesome bass amps and their ported guitar cabinets.
[/quote] my guess is though that there are more 17 year olds out there looking for their first "big rig" to upgrade too than there are of us lot who know who Genz Benz is and already have an amp or two....
who do you think buys more stuff?

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1390348148' post='2344499']
Hard to tell, but is it called a Bugera Veyron?
[/quote] front page of the behringer website is a car covered with a sheet and a countdown to NAMM... think you're right there

Zoom in on the photo, you can clearly see the word "Veyron".

Regarding Fender and Genz Benz, I've got to be honest, I really don't appreciate what Fender did here. Even if it's the same crew working on the new amps, I'm sure Fender will be hasty to have some of the Rumble features imposed on the new designs, they're unlikely to just be a Shuttle in a new box. And let's be honest, the Rumble amps are mediocre at best. However, from a marketing point of view I can understand it. We may all be aware of Genz Benz but that's because we're frequent forum-goers with a decent knowledge of brands etc. The amount of (sometimes good) bass players I've had look perplexed at my Shuttle sat on top of my Barefaced Super Twelve with no idea what they were looking at is staggering really. They'll all have heard of Fender though.

Edited by Ziphoblat

It's on the Bugera site, and in two versions too:
http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/BassGuitarAmps/BV1001T.aspx
Notice the different functionality of buttons/knobs.

First a MosFet version called BV1001M:

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/BugeraVeyronBV1001Mfront_zps502b5c2c.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/BugeraVeyronBV1001Mfront_zps502b5c2c.png[/IMG][/URL]

Second a Tube version called BV1001T:

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/basstractor1/media/BugeraVeyronBV1001Tfront_zps27aa6c23.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/BugeraVeyronBV1001Tfront_zps27aa6c23.png[/IMG][/URL]

The valve preamp one does look rather nice. I wonder if they were waiting for Genz to cease trading to avoid litigation?
It does look like they've got LEDs behind the valves to make them look brighter though, which always looks naff IMO. Why do they do that? ECC83s don't usually glow as much as that! Although it could just be that the picture is a computer rendering...

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1390677196' post='2348287']
that is a very nice looking amp.
[/quote]

Yeah, ain't it. Especially the tube one.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1390677485' post='2348293']
Why do they do that?
[/quote]

Yeah, I've wondered about that myself, but looking at these pics, I feel I'm starting to understand.
It does add a certain warmth to the design, and a Mommy-I-want-THAT factor, I think.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1390678769' post='2348316']
I like the feet.
[/quote]

But will they clear the handle on a BF Midget?

They are claiming 2000W for the model with the valve pre. Having looked into Bugera's take on the SVT3Pro (which has fewer output transistors than the Ampeg original), I somehow doubt this.

Edited by JapanAxe