Why become a member? ×

behringer's take on the streamliner...

LukeFRC

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1390731997' post='2348629']
Yes, 2000 watts (and only 1000 for the valve pre-amp version). Quite why they have to do this beats me - how many people will decide not to buy them through fear of damaging their speakers? Plus they`ve not got enough of a name in the bass amp market anyway. Keep them to the regular 500 watts which is plenty loud enough and if sales work out then add higher powered models. Seems daft to me.
[/quote]

The Americans like lots of watts, probably the same thing they have with cars, houses and fridges, they always have to be huge. I remember when EBS bought out that little head a couple of years ago, there were all these posts on talkbass about how low the output was.

Also lets remember, this is a bass amp, and it's made by Behringer, so the actual true output is almost certainly nowhere near 2000 watts !

Edited by ambient

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1390735484' post='2348716']
Where the hell are Marshall amps , the VBC 400 is way outside players budgets and dated.
Talk about getting caught with your pants down.
[/quote]
They bough Eden, so i guess they have decided to give up on their own range.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1390741931' post='2348831']
Much easier to do that, of course, if you copy another company's existing product rather than investing in research and development of your own products.
[/quote]

Well Tech21 invented their core amp modelling circuits about 20 years ago and have been charging exorbitant prices for it ever since. Also, while its easy to copy analogue circuits - you just open the box and look at the components, its a lot harder to reverse engineer modern circuits based on FPGAs DSPs and micro controllers as youd need to reconstruct all the software (unless you just clone it in which would be very easy to detect as a breach of copyright or patent).

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1390736250' post='2348731']
It's not just about choice - if you have a fixed budget it can be about whether you can get something that will do the job, or nothing.
[/quote]

indeed!

I have to thank Behringer for all the stuff I was able to play with when I had little money to spare. It may not have been the best, but it worked. Some I even loved. Some I still have! I have a seemingly indestructible practice amp, a BXL450A that actually sounds pretty good. And a guitar amp, an AC112 that once you ignore all the added effects etc and just keep it on a simple reverb patch, it sounds really good... so it's still with me, after many years.