Why become a member? ×

Wedding music suggestions required please.

tonybassplayer

Getting married on the 1st of Feb and we need 4 suitable songs for the ceremony ( registry office )

We have a few ideas but I thought I would I get a few from you guys as nothing is nailed on yet.

Think we like the idea of instrumental versions of good rock songs but like I say nothing is finalised and we are happy to hear of any suggestions.

Not wanting anything too obscure as it needs to entertain friends and family etc

These are the times the songs are required for and need to be suitable for in length etc

When people are entering and getting settled

Entrance of bride

Signing of registry book

Leaving ceremony

Many thanks

Tony

My wife wanted Pachelbel's Canon in D as her entrance music, I know we had Marvin Gaye's Let's get it on, but I can't remember if that was before ceremony or signing register, and we left to Everlong by Foo Fighters. Hope you have a great day, best piece of advice I received was, get everyone to take loads of pics/videos because the day flies by and you won't take half of it in,

What sort of vibe are you wanting?

Here's my take so far... shall add as I think of more.

Bride Entrance - You're My Best Friend.

The Wurlitzer EP opening will make everybody in the room smile :)

Signing of registry - Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Maybe a bit obvious?

Edited by EBS_freak

We used Morning from the Peer Gynt Suite for the settling down music and "Journey of the Sorcerer" by Eagles (aka the HHGTTG theme tune) for the entrance music. Can't remember the last piece of music we used (there were just three required).

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1389003520' post='2328532']
Hope you have a great day, best piece of advice I received was, get everyone to take loads of pics/videos because the day flies by and you won't take half of it in,
[/quote]

Sage advice!
Our music:

Entrance - Horizons - Genesis (don't be horrified, it's a gentle guitar solo piece)
Signing - You're My Best Friend - Queen (agreed, the opening works wonders)
- Everlong (acoustic) - Foo Fighters
I can't remember what we had when we left...

My advice is, pick a bit more than they suggest to be played during the signing, we had to play Queen twice.

IF you fancy something more classical we had William Waltons "Crown Imperial" fro the bride's entrance, and Widors Toccata in D for the exit - both worked really well.

And to entertain the troops during the signing the other three members of the Ceilidh band we were both in played a medley of appropriate folk tunes. (By appropriate I mean "Haste to the Wedding", followed by "Tripping Upstairs" followed by "Cuckoo's Nest").

Exit to the Imperial March from Star Wars :-)

I wanted to but wasn't allowed :-(

I also suggesting Killing in the Name Of as the first dance, that got vetoed as well.

We both suggested Du Hast but didn't get it or many of our other more sensible suggestions due to the appalling "DJ" we hired.

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1389028859' post='2329025']
Great suggestions guys and going to youtube a lot tonight

Couldn't remember how Forest Gump went but just listened and wow, could be a winner, we loved the film more than once .
[/quote]

It's a great piece, and one of my wife's favourites. When it started you could hear whispers of people trying to work out what it was from. :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1389031557' post='2329073']
A mate of mine's bride made her entrance to that! Ha ha. :P
[/quote]

Awesome. We got married in a 1920's cinema that had a capacity of 70 people, and when the guy started playing it the place went nuts!!!

Final four sorted and agreed on

As people arrive we are having in instrumental version of stairway to heaven

Bride walking in we are having the forest Gump theme

Sign register we are having instrumental version of chasing cars

Exit we are having the entrance of the Queen of Sheba ( you will know it when you hear it. )

Thanks guys

Edited by tonybassplayer