Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Foam Party

Dropzone

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1386837896' post='2305074']
I only meant I see the argument starting again, I have never contributed to any of them, I have my opinion but I accept and tolerate others.
The way I see it, as with any other bit of kit, it's very easy, if you like those cabs fine, if not fine too!... But stop telling people how sh*t you think they are, we all have different tastes and opinions and respecting them should be paramount!
I have never seen so much bad talk about a brand, some very nasty comments....and having recently tried two of their cabs I understand it even less.
[/quote]

[i]I only meant I see the adulation starting again, I have never contributed to any of them, I have my opinion but I accept and tolerate others.
The way I see it, as with any other bit of kit, it's very easy, if you like those cabs fine, if not fine too!... But stop telling people how amazing you think they are, we all have different tastes and opinions and respecting them should be paramount!
I have never seen so much hype talk about a brand, some ridiculously enthusiastic comments....and having recently tried two of their cabs and heard about the myriad quality issues on this forum I understand it even less.[/i]

It's not that different - is it mate?

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1386840342' post='2305108']
I now have a (sadly out of production) EAD Foundation 212 [/quote]

Sadly indeed. I'd love one of those... I suspect that many cabs would sound a bit rough in comparison (to what I've read/heard).

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1386842644' post='2305147']
You're not getting a hard-on for me too are you? I've not even been flirting.
[/quote]

You [b][i]too[/i][/b]?? :huh:

You clearly have a very high opinion of yourself and make yourself very happy. I'm pleased for you. Which makes two of us I guess... :gas:

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1386842646' post='2305148']
Sadly indeed. I'd love one of those... I suspect that many cabs would sound a bit rough in comparison (to what I've read/heard).
[/quote]

Indeedy mate, it's a pleasure every time I play through it! ...and a real shame that Dave's just not got the interest in them to warrant making another batch! They're unspeakably amazing!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1386843178' post='2305156']
Indeedy mate, it's a pleasure every time I play through it! ...and a real shame that Dave's just not got the interest in them to warrant making another batch! They're unspeakably amazing!
[/quote]

If you ever consider selling it.... can I have forst ebbs/dibs? :gas: :) B)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1386843178' post='2305156']
[/quote]
I was impressed by how much effort he put into those. I never heard one but you could tell there was no penny-pinching going on and their external appearance was as good as anything on the market.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1386841487' post='2305123']
If you buy an essentially hand-made item from a boutique manufacturer, then this sort of odd production niggle is part & parcel of the experience. I've read enough of your posts over the years to know that you don't need me telling you about this. :)
[/quote]

Barefaced is CNC - hand assembled at best. They are putting together cabs on what is, albeit a small one, assembly line. All made to a certain spec, or a derivitation of as specified by themselves. The problems that have been reported by others in other threads, don't follow this... routing bodies, hand carving necks, hand winding pickups, custom circuits... much different kettle of fish.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1386845077' post='2305197']
All made to a certain spec, or a derivitation of as specified by themselves. The problems that have been reported by others in other threads, don't follow this... routing bodies, hand carving necks, hand winding pickups, custom circuits... much different kettle of fish.
[/quote]

Google Translate, from the original Latvian?

I am more than happy with the Barefaced Cabs. I bought the compact a few years ago second hand and it had had a tough life already and I have only ever used it on "rediculously loud" playing in a loud heavy metal band and not going through the PA but still loud enough to have a strong presence in the mix.

I suspect someone who plays at a sensible level would notice the difference in sound but I haven't neither has anyone at any of our gigs.

I get the bit about more surface area which makes a lot of sense. I get the new amp on boxing day so will report back.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1386845077' post='2305197']
Barefaced is CNC - hand assembled at best. They are putting together cabs on what is, albeit a small one, assembly line. All made to a certain spec, or a derivitation of as specified by themselves. The problems that have been reported by others in other threads, don't follow this... routing bodies, hand carving necks, hand winding pickups, custom circuits... much different kettle of fish.
[/quote]
I think, though far from sure, that the OP's is a gen 1 Compact which would be pre-CNC, not 100% on that though; shouldn't really make a difference to QC though IMO

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1386844619' post='2305191']
Yup, best way to judge a cab. :lol:
[/quote]
I didn't say it was the best way, but it's one of the ways you can judge the value of a product (not just cabs) and how long it is likely to remain trouble-free.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1386854420' post='2305370']
I didn't say it was the best way, but it's one of the ways you can judge the value of a product (not just cabs) and how long it is likely to remain trouble-free.
[/quote]

The value of a product is what the consumer will pay for it, it has nothing to do with the summed value of the component parts.

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1386855462' post='2305391']
The value of a product is what the consumer will pay for it, it has nothing to do with the summed value of the component parts.
[/quote]
I didn't say anything about the summed value of the component parts.

I really don't understand all the passionate hatred being spread on here.

Forgetting for a moment that it is directed at a fellow BassChatter. We are all entitled to our opinions of what is good/bad gear. We are not entitled to ram it down everybody's throats on what seems to be an almost daily basis. Hey, I tried some stuff out when I was looking for a cab a couple of years ago, and there was stuff I didn't like, stuff I thought was overpriced tut, and stuff that was just plain bad. If anyone asks for a recommendation I'll be happy to make a suggestion. What I will not do is ridicule, exaggerate and prattle on like I've got some kind of hidden agenda over and over again.

None of this is helping the OP in this case, and every other thread I read where the B word is mentioned.

For the record, I've had 5 niggles with my 63 reg BMW since I purchased it (September 1st), blowing exhaust, broken xenon light and 3 separate rattles. Each time I went back to dealer who apologised and fixed it.

I have had two niggles with my Super12 in 2 years - handle worn, still functions but looks tatty, I asked Alex who said he'd replace them with new ones (at cost). The other thing is the rubber foot, which I carelessly bashed on a step - Again Alex was more than happy to fix it. I have had both of these issues with many other cabs.

Both companies were apologetic, responsive and offered a solution.

I also had a Rickenbacker once.

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1386842481' post='2305142']

[i]I only meant I see the adulation starting again, I have never contributed to any of them, I have my opinion but I accept and tolerate others.
The way I see it, as with any other bit of kit, it's very easy, if you like those cabs fine, if not fine too!... But stop telling people how amazing you think they are, we all have different tastes and opinions and respecting them should be paramount!
I have never seen so much hype talk about a brand, some ridiculously enthusiastic comments....and having recently tried two of their cabs and heard about the myriad quality issues on this forum I understand it even less.[/i]

It's not that different - is it mate?
[/quote]

Wow that must have taken you ages to write!

Anyway, please, quote me one post, if you can, on which I have hyped Barefaced or made any ridiculous comments.
On the other hand, I could post quite a few from you slagging the Barefaced brand off just because you don't like it...not liking something it's right, but some attitudes are not, I'm afraid..

Edited by PauBass