Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Duality. Sound clips!!

fretmeister

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1385211321' post='2285630']
amusing, as excane's playing is so annoying to me I can't listen to his demos ;)
[/quote]

I agree. He demos some nice gear and the videos are great quality but he plays too many notes for my taste. Not being boring and miserable, I just like to hear how notes decay and if there are any envelope qualities going on between notes like swells of gain or changes to texture.

Edited by BigBassBob

Personally, I just think he plays through pedals like you would use the pedal for. Whereas, many demo-ists just noodle away the same kinda riff for any pedal, be it a fuzz, overdrive or filter. I swear by his demos and they completely sold me on the Iron Ether range. Albeit I have now sold all my Iron Ethers ;)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1385288745' post='2286364']
He's certainly not as bad as that guy who plays slap bass WHATEVER pedal he uses, which is especially pointless for fuzz pedals :)
[/quote]

Most definitely. Excane isn't bad, I just tend to find myself getting frustrated when he gets carried away with fast doodling.

Mind you, having a brief re-think about it, I guess it very much comes down to what genre you play primarily.

I mostly play blues with some rock and pop thrown in depending on the gig. I play everything in the bedroom as I like to keep well rounded. I don't like fuzzes for playing faster things as, in my humble opinion, they get messy and lose definition (even the nicer ones with blends and the like). Personal taste I guess. I prefer something grindy if I need dirt for something faster like prog or metal. When I think fuzz I think of 60s tracks, early 90s alt-rock, stoner/doom metal. Not that I'm trying to stay in the box, just my personal taste (then again, I'm not a fuzz guy at heart! :P)

I bought the BK3.
I sold it soon afterwards.

I bought the Vintage.
I sold it soon afterwards.

Now I want the Duality!!!!!!!!
Let this be the one I keep! :lol:
I found alternatives for my overdrives, but as a fuzz, this is the best sounding and most interesting I've come across so far!

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1385731801' post='2291619']
totally pointless in a rock band situation, always think our job is to add definition while the guitarist does the wall of noise bit
[/quote]

I know this is hard to believe, but there is a bunch of bass players our there that don't play rock :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1385738953' post='2291726']
I know this is hard to believe, but there is a bunch of bass players our there that don't play rock :P
[/quote]
yep, there most certainly is, but I was trying to say it probably wouldn't work in a rock band situation.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1385741285' post='2291760']
yep, there most certainly is, but I was trying to say it probably wouldn't work in a rock band situation.
[/quote]

I know, I was just being a bit silly. After I wrote it I thought "I hope he doesn't take it like I'm having a go at him" :)

• 2 weeks later...