Why become a member? ×

Glamour models can't play bass - fact.

skidder652003

[quote name='Stan_da_man' timestamp='1382909997' post='2258004']
This is 2013 - not 1913.
[/quote]

But women are drinking like they did in the gin palaces of 1813, and suffering terrible consequences as a result . As well as being annoying . That is my point . I have the welfare of Britain's women at heart.

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1382882791' post='2257501']
I have a girl in each of my bands who are both talented and classy, each good looking. One plays violin / keyboards and one sings. Drunken idiots in pubs come in all shapes and sizes after all.
[/quote]
I was once in a band with two utterly charming and classy ladies.But the following tale may well make one of them sound a little,well,uncouth and lax in the common sence department.
We were playing a gig at the Bull and Gate in London's seedy Kentish Town.All was going well,the groove was mighty,and the audience was on our side.
Banter between us and them was flowing well,and our lovely singer,who was a gorgeous and curvy lass,had decided to wear a skirt which resembled a pleated lamp shade(it seemed to flare out at the side and was rigid).
Feeling parched,she bent down from the waist to retrieve her drink.Drummer and I were directly behind her,and were treated to the sight of her thong.
Cue the rhythm section performing a comedy double take and taking great interest in the ceiling.
What made things worse was that between her and us was her husband(our keyboard player)who was oblivious to what had happened.
The drummer has since claimed that he has been mentally scarred by(I quote)the sight of her tuna canoe.

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1382879177' post='2257441']
one goes up to the guitarist/singer and shouts mid way through a song (like they always do) if she can sing. He smiles and shakes his head, so she moves on to the drummer and yells if she can have a go on the sticks. He shakes his head, she takes one look at yours truly and just walks away... charming.
[/quote]

My guess is a drunk person who can't play instruments may think they can sing or hit drums with sticks , but still know they can't play a stringed instrument.

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1383297365' post='2262646']
Perhaps you need to go on one of those 'Tell the Difference' courses.
[/quote]

A couple of mentions, but no-one posted the Korean cross-dressing bass player yet!? Shame on you all! :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vns8T-OQvC8&&list=PL4csMoGyO-TmOEc-RYwUaO8h0JnU8XWkj[/media]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1383300439' post='2262728']
A couple of mentions, but no-one posted the Korean cross-dressing bass player yet!? Shame on you all! :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vns8T-OQvC8&&list=PL4csMoGyO-TmOEc-RYwUaO8h0JnU8XWkj[/media]
[/quote]

I refrained from pressing 'play' on this, not because of the Korean cross-dressing content, but because the guy's right-hand position indicates an imminent slap-a-thon. *sigh*

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1383318371' post='2263121']
Steady on! I live in Brighton.
[/quote]

It's alright , I didn't mean you . Or at least statistically speaking, it's very unlikely, anyway . But probably less unlikely than if you lived in Middlesborough.

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1383319373' post='2263148'] It's alright , I didn't mean you . Or at least statistically speaking, it's very unlikely, anyway . But probably less unlikely than if you lived in Middlesborough. [/quote]

You must have meant me then, I dont remember, it was a heavy evening......