Why become a member? ×

My notifications by email have stopped!!!1

KiOgon

OK - seems Amazon weren't processing our payment properly, so I've made some changes and been in touch with them as their website is just totally awful and impossible to actually use. We'll reconfigure everything once it's processed and be back again ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Working for me. I won't say working ok because I don't believe they have ever worked ok since this new system was put in place.
It's a bit annoying getting notifications come in for every post, even though they state you will only get one per visit. Still, It does mean I can read the thread without actually coming on here.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1384004245' post='2271771']
Still, It does mean I can read the thread without actually coming on here.
[/quote]

[Thread derail mode ON]

It does. But (and I've been bleating about this for yonks) this has other downsides apart from being bombarded by notification emails.

It means BC serves less advertisements to users (good for us, bad for revenue), and it means general interaction on the site is reduced.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1384004245' post='2271771']
Working for me. I won't say working ok because I don't believe they have ever worked ok since this new system was put in place.
It's a bit annoying getting notifications come in for every post, even though they state you will only get one per visit. Still, It does mean I can read the thread without actually coming on here.
[/quote]

This was the silver lining to the notification system going down. My worn out wee in-box dropped from about 200 emails a day to around 20.
House guests often comment at the massive amount of emails I get because of the audible "gmail!" from my laptop. I've learned to filter it out of my hearing now though ... the downside of course being often miss the really important emails.