Why become a member? ×

My notifications by email have stopped!!!1

KiOgon

I had a look at the notification settings & believe it's the same as it ever was but I haven't had any PM or other notification emails - probably for a couple of weeks now.

My email address is still the same & working for everything else, I'm using Firefox & Chrome.

Cheerz, John

Edited by ped

Some of the really big threads (e.g. the Jazz and Precision pictures thread) seem to have reached capacity. Even though I've posted in both and subscribed to both I get notifications from neither. There was a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/186461-no-notifications/page__fromsearch__1"]thread[/url] about it, but it dried up without being resolved.

[quote name='Badass' timestamp='1382536058' post='2253333']
I was told by a MOD to uncheck the email notification in my profile, then recheck it and it would be fine. Sure enough it worked. No idea why though.
[/quote]

Yep.
It works, but I don't know why... something I find almost as annoying as it not working in the first place... :rolleyes:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1382545034' post='2253494']
Yep.
It works, but I don't know why... something I find almost as annoying as it not working in the first place... :rolleyes:
[/quote]Yep :) cheerz Ian, just had my first notification for weeks :rolleyes: must go & lay down now ;)

Cheerz, John

Bluejay has had the same problem.

I don't have the necessary access to work out 'why' it's happening, but the workaround is to unsubscribe from notifications, save that setting and then resubscribe and save again.

I've only had positive reports back, so the workaround seems to be a good one. :)

Yes I'm getting notifications at the top of the page but no email notifications.

I went for a couple of years without email notifications until I changed my email address from my personal domain to a Plusnet email address and then it all came good. I suspect that there is something weird with the email send server in that if it doesn't like the email address, such as it doesn't have the right sort of certification, then it won't send to it. Just an idea.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1382871752' post='2257313']
Yes I'm getting notifications at the top of the page but no email notifications.

I went for a couple of years without email notifications until I changed my email address from my personal domain to a Plusnet email address and then it all came good. I suspect that there is something weird with the email send server in that if it doesn't like the email address, such as it doesn't have the right sort of certification, then it won't send to it. Just an idea.
[/quote]

Might be.

Everyone who is affected - who's your email provider?

Mine's Gmail.

Well this is frustrating....

I thought I'd change my email address to a different one to see if that fixes it, but my Hotmail account hasn't received the validation email. So now I'm stuck in purgatory.

Is the mail server completely knacked, or is it still sending some notifications?