Why become a member? ×

Quick verdict needed

marcus bell

Only played one once. Typical bad shop set up and dead strings so it didn't impress me. Walked out of the shop with a Yammy BB instead.

Saying that, I didn't hate the Spector and I reckon with a few tweaks and some decent strings it would be fine. Especially if the price is right!

If the usual 'comparison against price when new with appropriate reductions for condition etc' is favourable and you're happy that resale wouldn't be too difficult in case you didn't like it...give it a go and try something new?

Spector don't make any bad basses, but they may not be everyone's cup of Lapsang Souchong so try it out if possible.

The market is slow at the moment and definitely skewed in favour of buyers, so think carefully as you might end up with a bass that you don't get on with, but struggle to sell on.

I have a legend 6 and for the money its an excellent instrument... In fact it would hold it's own against several more expensive instruments.

It is very modern sounding though, I love it but don't expect it to sound like a jazz.

I understand they moved manufacture of these at some point? (I may well be wrong) from Korea to Indonesia. Not sure if that makes any difference to the quality, mine is an Indonesian model, very well built to my eyes.

Rob

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1380626997' post='2227981']
I have been looking at a Rebop 5 in that blue colour, its very nice to look at :D
[/quote]

I've been looking at those as well... I'd go for the four if one came up for a reasonable price. Trouble is they seem to be going second hand for almost the cost of a new one....