Why become a member? ×

MESA Boogie Bass Prodigy Four:88

brensabre79

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1418591417' post='2631567']
Gawd I'm getting tired of this forum crap.
[/quote]

We can sort that out for you very quickly Mr DiMarco!!!

Consider that a friendly Mod message

Now back in the room..... I'm currently in negotiations for one of these little monsters, and I too hope it won't disappoint :)

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1418583868' post='2631444']
Try one where? Welcome to the Netherlands where every shop has the same sh*tty stack of class D bass amps.

[/quote]

Have you tried Paul Sips Bass Matters?

He has an amazing range of gear including esoteric valve stuff like Jule Monique, Prolude, Orange and even Mesa Boogie :)

• 10 months later...

It broke one of the ceiling lights in the rehearsal room. I use it with an Eden D212XLT + SWR Goliath Jr. III 2x10.
So yeah, very loud indeed. Big ballsy low end as well. Gigged with it several times and it kills.

At first I had to get used to the amp, coming from a nice Trace Elliot SMX with built in dual band compressor.
This tube amp is much more responsive to nuances it revealed in a horrible way that the SMX had turned me into a lazy player.

I really love the amp now with its buttery but articulate tone. It does not colour the tone of your bass like an Ampeg does and it is very portable at 13kg.
Everything I play now sounds very lively and warm and the tone I get through this baby with my Ric 4003 is just awesome.

Problem I now face is I want my tone coming out FOH as well so I bought some kick mics that have little or no scooped mids (Sennheiser E902 and Audiotechnica ATM250) for this purpose. Of course there is also the trusty old SM57 but those sound kinda boxy to me. Might also try one of my Beyerdynamic M201's on the bass cab. I got the full stack set up at my attic for testing and deciding on which mic and mic positioning to use.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='challxyz' timestamp='1457691988' post='3000960']
I bought one, running it through 2 Barefaced Big Baby 2's, simply awesome 😊
[/quote]

Almost the same here... Bass heaven!

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:212243]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:212242]

That looks the business! Is that the big twin? I've had so many great comments about my bass sound since gigging this rig, really pleased I went for it, was a little concerned it might not be loud enough but absolutely no worries there at all, thanks for convincing me ☺

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1448204172' post='2913623']
I moved mine on. Great sounding amp, but the fan noise did my head in.
[/quote]I moved mine on also, after trying it with several cabs I decided it was bland sounding, and the least 'valve sounding' valve amp I ever played, good features though. My old Buster Bass had a nicer tone.