Why become a member? ×

The xilddx ZULU BASS - Now Finished

xilddx

• 4 months later...

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1395787030' post='2406426']...Plays beautifully.[/quote]

You do realise the number and fervour of requests for some soundtracks you'll now get, don't you..? Stunning looks, carrying forward the bass's history. Thumb well and truly up. B)

You've done an absolutely fantastic job on that Nige.
Work driven by love always stands out.

There have been a lot of build threads on here that have made me think 'that's bl**dy good' and one that made me think 'Wow!'.

There are two now. :)

Of course, even well deserved praise has to be balanced up or else the world would cease to exist, so it's good to see you've got rid of that dodgy looking guitar stand that featured in the first pic you posted. ;) :P

Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1395853598' post='2407214']
That looks great :) are you going to paint the fretless neck? I only ask as that would look awesome a true "stealth" bass
[/quote]

Yes I will spray the headstock black and get a decal, when I get some time. I wanted to make sure it all worked well first. Cheers.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1395924860' post='2407970']
Where did you get the neck from?
[/quote]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Mite-Fretless-Neck-for-Fender-Licensed-Precision-or-Jazz-P-J-Bass-MM2919-/191081992405?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1395927840' post='2408046']
Wow, that is lovely Nige. The fretless neck is an inspired idea. Really completes the overall look, but more importantly I bet it also nails the sound you were planning from this bass.

Good work bud! :)
[/quote]

Thanks mate. No idea what it sounds like, will find out tomorrow when I plug it in and try learning a piece of music for this audition. I'm pretty good with odd meter and polyrhythm, but I can't find the f***ing ONE on this. Gonna take some work :)