Why become a member? ×

Recommend Headphones For GB Streamliner, so wife can have peaceful evenings!

[quote name='Gordon Thudmaster May' timestamp='1374570587' post='2150145']
:scratch_one-s_head: What would be a suitable Headphone to use, does anyone have any recommendations! :friends:
[/quote]

Not sure they'll help that much, if your like me the feet get going as well.. I like closed Sennheisers (I have 3 pairs round the house) HD 380 pros are my fave for playing bass and music

[quote name='Gordon Thudmaster May' timestamp='1374570587' post='2150145']
:scratch_one-s_head: What would be a suitable Headphone to use, does anyone have any recommendations! :friends:
[/quote]

Do you have a budget in mind , and would you want to use the headphones for any other purpose as well , i.e with a hifi separates system or such like ?

I recently tried a bunch of phones out and came out with some Sony MDR-V55 ones. They used to be £90 but various places have been jobbing them out at £40/50 (Currys and Amazon for example)
They can take anything i throw at them without getting farty or rattly and i've been very pleased with them. Tried Sennheisers, JVC and a few DJ'y type ones but these were the best by a country mile and seemed much more like £100 phones. Shortish lead though so i use an extender to stand up and play.

Bargain.

Heres a link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-V55-DJ-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B007I1QY5Y

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Bolo' timestamp='1374618438' post='2151099']
Sennheiser HD25 - 1 make a decent choice.
[/quote]

+2. Best ive ever had for this sort of thing, and yes, i used them with my old Streamliner 600. Lots of nice tight, clear bass, not woolly or over powering.

[url="http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools-storage-workwear/protective-clothing-safety-equipment/ear-protection/ear_defenders/B-and-Q-Premium-Ear-Defenders-12217505?ecamp=SEAPLA12748211&ef_id=UfAymAAABHhtIEhq:20130724200128:s&noCookies=false"]http://www.diy.com/n...noCookies=false[/url]

£12, great ear defenders, she can be oblivious to your noodling

Edited by 4 Strings

Get you to a better headphone shop, bring some good music that you are very familiar with and compare the lot. A £20 headpiece will NOT sound like a £150 one if you are discriminate about your monitoring.

Listen for the hard to spot details, the stuff you lose when converting from wav to mp3 or like the meat of your finger hitting a string finished by the clack of a corner from your nail just clipping it.

A decent headphone will let you check a monitor mix for levels and pan-ing. Please stay clear of the "hi-fi" cans. Those are made to sound pleasant, not anywhere truthfull.
On your budget check out
-Beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohms
-sennheiser hd 25 - 1
And their competition
One of these will take your music farther than any Beats, Skullcandy or other hyped up crap fashion brand.

Also, enjoy the search ;)