Why become a member? ×

Check this band out - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Saw these guys supporting The Stranglers at The Roundhouse earlier this year.

Brilliant, brilliant live act.

Some kind of punk sub-genre going on here. Is it called "Horror Punk"? I dunno, but it is right up my street.

The front man John Robb is a nutter. Very entertaining.

...... and oh I luuuuurve that guttural bass tone.

Just bought their new album. This is (for me) the big track on it. Nuts and brilliant at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64QXqmjZ86w&feature=share

Can't watch the vid at the moment (at work...) but I'm guessing it's Goldblade? If so yeah, they're ace :)

John Robb is something of an institution in Manchester. I used to run into him lots when I worked in the music press, less so nowadays (although I often see him cycling to/from the gym near my local boozer... [i]that sentence says a lot about his personal fitness, and mine[/i]).

Lovely bloke and a great band.

They're great in the same way Oi bands are. Not particularly intellectual or musically intricate, but hugely entertaining with shout-along choruses. Strictly Hardcore is a great tune. John Robb is a sound guy as well. Had a beer with him at Rebellion a few years back.

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1373483402' post='2138198']
Always goes to prove one mans strawberry is another mans onions
[/quote]
I couldn't agree more.

I like lots of different music styles but often wonder why people think that just because they think they've just heard the greatest thing ever that everyone will like it too.

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1373476053' post='2138100']
Yeah. It's entertainment, not a music exam.
[/quote]

Who said anything about a music exam? Unless you're insinuating I only like snobbish, elitist music. Not so. That band just seems very pedestrian. If you like it, it's fine. I liked "The Hangover" but I wouldn't call it brilliant filmmaking.