Why become a member? ×

Traded - Can remove, thanks.
£600

Raslee

Hi G, I've never had any issues with getting strings, I generally use elites. Having said that I'm not sure what's on there...I have a feeling they maybe DR's. I have some new Fender 5 strings that I can throw in too. As I say it's a cracking bass with Nordstrands. The pick ups alone are over £200 new :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1368653954' post='2079964']
What happened to the original preamp
[/quote]

Hi, I sold it on after trying the pick ups passive. It had an Audere pre amp previously but i much preferred the sound of it passively plus with the special wiring loom that Kiogon on here did for me i have a multitude of tone options. Passive is king :D

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1368746743' post='2081155']
How heavy is it?
[/quote]

Not sure, i'll weigh it later when i get home from work although i could be on a late one so it maybe tomorrow.

I did have buyer interested but he has had to pull out for financial reasons. So she's back up for sale :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1370554639' post='2102795']
Ugh! This is nuts. Right scale length, right pickups. Why is this still here?
[/quote]
Yeah mate i'm surprised too, especially at this price. Sign of the times i guess :( .

I'll keep on bumping now and then, but equally i'll keep on playing it too whilst its in my hands....best low 'B's ever on Laky's. :D

[quote name='topo morto' timestamp='1370555883' post='2102822']
Very tempted indeed... just that having picked up a BB425X not so long ago I am struggling to think of an excuse!
[/quote]
An excuse is that Laklands are beautiful players and the best tight low B strings ever...nuff said :)

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1371324011' post='2112652']
Mate, take the stickers of and take new pictures of it - I reckon this would sell instantly for that price with the stickers off and no residue/marks left behind
[/quote] I agree I think people are put off by the stickers and it is a nice bass

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1371412261' post='2113611']
I agree I think people are put off by the stickers and it is a nice bass
[/quote] yeah I'll take your advice on that one ;) it really is a top bass, surprised no ones snapped it up yet :)

I didn't get a chance to try a 5 string lakland yet but did play a bass yesterday with the Nordstrand pick ups. The sound fantastic and the solo'd neck pick up is really nice. I just bought a new to me imac as my laptop melted otherwise I'd be all over this.

Maybe in a few months if it's still here!

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1371558531' post='2115447']
I didn't get a chance to try a 5 string lakland yet but did play a bass yesterday with the Nordstrand pick ups. The sound fantastic and the solo'd neck pick up is really nice. I just bought a new to me imac as my laptop melted otherwise I'd be all over this.

Maybe in a few months if it's still here!
[/quote]
Yeah the Nordies really make this bass. The neck sounds very P bass like and has a great soul warm tone. iMacs are the way to go too, good man :)

I've had emails saying peeps can't see the front of the bass??? Weird as i can in the post.
Anyhow here it is again for those who cannot see it. Let me know if its still problematic.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1372705419' post='2128913']
Hi Rasta mate I think there's still a prob I cannot see the picture of the front of the bass and I also cannot believe it has not sold yet :)
[/quote]

Cheers for letting me know buddy, not sure what is happening here as i can see them on my PC. I've put a link to the old pics on the main thread and tried to upload another pic. I'm equally surprised its still here too, although i don't mind as i get to keep it longer. I'm actually coming around to considering keeping it and perhaps selling my Fender 5 and or/my Fender 4 for that matter - the Laky hands down is a better quality bass. :)