Why become a member? ×

Basschat auction. It's over, we have a winner.

leschirons

Before anyone tells me this is not allowed, I've asked the Gods. Well Ped anyway.

We have here, a vintage Who song book which I found in the usual box in the corner, in the studio. I'll stand the delivery cost to the lucky winner.

I guess it dates from about 1970 Bidding starts at £2.00 Go for it. A must for all you OX fans. Proceeds to BC coffers.

Tracks covered.
I can't explain
My generation
Anyway, anyhow, anywhere
A legal matter
It's not true
La-la-la-lies

A bit tired looking in places but a great bit of history all the same with treble & bass clef (and chords)

Pics of each of the band inside.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1363890786' post='2019065']
Just so this thread not die:

£6

Does "Proceeds to BC coffers" mean that BC gets the money?

best,
bert
[/quote]

Yes, sorry Bert I should have made that clearer. The final winning bid will all go help Basschat.

Thanks for your bid and of course if the winner is in Europe, I'll pay to send it there too.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1363895769' post='2019165']
Actually, I'll donate the money to a local doggie charity that looks after lovely staffie dogs :)
[/quote]

That`s noble of you Ped. I used to deliver medical oxygen to the SSPCA dog home in Glasgow and they had/have a shocking number of staffie`s who have been mistreated and abandoned in their kennel`s.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1363898726' post='2019241']
That`s noble of you Ped. I used to deliver medical oxygen to the SSPCA dog home in Glasgow and they had/have a shocking number of staffie`s who have been mistreated and abandoned in their kennel`s.
[/quote]

Such lovely dogs, shame about most of the owners. I met a really nice old staffie in town the other day who simply refused to go for a 'walk' but only wants to go to town and visit the Post Office, Thomas Cook and the bank!!

Bidding will end at 10 pm Saturday night (your foreign UK time) and the winning bid can be paid to either Basschat or Ped via Paypal (or cheque if you know the address of the old lorry container that he lives in) :P

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1363903820' post='2019410']
Bidding will end at 10 pm Saturday night (your foreign UK time) and the winning bid can be paid to either Basschat or Ped via Paypal (or cheque if you know the address of the old lorry container that he lives in) :P
[/quote]

Actually we prefer the term 'steel house'

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1363904366' post='2019429']
£7.50

(I must admit I normally give to human charities. Our neighbour is a rozzer and he's on his second abandoned staff his station saved. They have both made the kindest and softest pets you could know.)
[/quote]

You've got a rozzer and a staff as pets? That's kidnapping.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1363905703' post='2019483']
It'd go nicely with all the 'free stuff' I found the other day - what came in the original Who Live at Leeds LP B)
[/quote]

Oooh, that's a cracker of an album. Definately a keeper.