Why become a member? ×

Nobody loves a bassist !!!

Coilte

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1363768140' post='2017123']
Are bassists not loved because they are bassists?

Or are bassists not loved because of the sort of people who become bassists?
[/quote]

Think cos they`re bassists.

My theory on this, well when I`ve done lead-guitar & lead-vocals, everyone in the audience wanted to be my mate, and congratulate me on the gig/the band/my playing not my singing, won`t go that far :lol:

Nowadays, being the bassist, I`ve had people who have been watching the whole of the gig ask me what i thought of the band, and were amazed when i told them I was in it, and they`d been watching them/me for the last 2 hours.

The instrument of anonimity, people find it hard to appreciate the invisible man.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1363772725' post='2017207']

Nowadays, being the bassist, I`ve had people who have been watching the whole of the gig ask me what i thought of the band...

[/quote]

Surely you told them how the band were not only incredible but how brilliant the bass player was and what a fine chap he is and how he holds the whole band together and arranges all the music, in fact if you want to buy him a pint I'll make sure he gets it.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1363777857' post='2017334']
Surely you told them how the band were not only incredible but how brilliant the bass player was and what a fine chap he is and how he holds the whole band together and arranges all the music, in fact if you want to buy him a pint I'll make sure he gets it.
[/quote]

I never thought of that, but it`s now in the memory-bank for the next time :lol:

Again, sorry for not being able to upload the picture. Being a bit of a dinosaur, my computer skills are not what they could be. :blush:

Basically it was a picture of a cut out article in some USA music magazine, where a 27 year old groupie girl was disgusted, when she discovered the next morning, that she had been sleeping with the bassist, and not (in her words).... " a more important member of the band" !!

She went on to say..."this wont happen again.... sure I can find anyone in town who is as important as a bass player" :angry:

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1363733466' post='2016888']
Sorry guys. Could not upload the image.
[/quote]

Eventually managed to do so.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=263188&d=1335104758"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=263188&d=1335104758[/url]

[quote name='gapiro' timestamp='1363766826' post='2017108']

Do you love yourself for your mad chops or for something different though?
[/quote]

I think it's a bit of everything.
My charm, wit and sophistication.
My happy nature and boyish humour.
And not forgetting the kind of body that most people would die from.

All in all, I'm pretty much perfect. :D

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363828682' post='2018403']
[/quote][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]It's all true folks - and he's got a lovely singing voice.[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]A bit like the young [color=#000000]Michael Bublé.[/color][/size][/font]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363828682' post='2018403']
I think it's a bit of everything.
My charm, wit and sophistication.
My happy nature and boyish humour.
And not forgetting the kind of body that most people would die from.

[/quote]
People love me cos I have a frizbee