Why become a member? ×

Looks like we're getting the single pedal B3 after all!

Dood

I`ve just bought the B3 and very pleased with it. Way too much on there for my needs, or my understanding, but it does exactly what I want. I now get the sound of my amp from the B3, so am using the amp as a power amp. Bit of compression as well. So now, should I do DI only gigs, or have provided rigs, I still get my sound FOH. And having the on-board tuner - well that`s just incredibly useful. Just wish that the power supply lead was longer, and a bit sturdier.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1364938135' post='2033144']
I`ve just bought the B3 and very pleased with it. Way too much on there for my needs, or my understanding, but it does exactly what I want. I now get the sound of my amp from the B3, so am using the amp as a power amp. Bit of compression as well. So now, should I do DI only gigs, or have provided rigs, I still get my sound FOH. And having the on-board tuner - well that`s just incredibly useful. Just wish that the power supply lead was longer, and a bit sturdier.
[/quote]

The cool thing about it is even though you're only using a small fraction of what its capable of, its STILL a bargain! At the moment Im only using mine for Chorus, Flanger, big muff, and reverb, and as a USB interface for recording. I think this bit of kit is gonna stay with me!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1364947064' post='2033297']
I can well live without those. :)
[/quote]

If you're using it as a preamp then yeah! Unless you need the DI of course. I considered getting one myself but actually my rig is perfect for my needs now :) The only thing left to GAS for is pickups, and Elixir strings in gauges that don't yet exist lol

I'm watching this with interest for the review. I think this will streamline how I use effects, assuming I can work out out to program it. I was looking at getting a Tech 21 VT Bass deluxe but looks like this will do what that does and a shedload more, all in a small pedal?

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1364938135' post='2033144']
I`ve just bought the B3 and very pleased with it. ...Just wish that the power supply lead was longer, and a bit sturdier.
[/quote]

I got round this by having my power amp in a rack with a power strip in the back and the B3 velcroed to the top of the rack. Then I used a normal Boss-type 9V DC power supply from the power strip to the B3. With the amp plugged into the power strip too, of course... keeps the B3 off the floor, out of harm's way.

Edited by discreet

[sub]hmm, didnt notice that it seems to have a lot less FX available on it (compared to the b3) especially some of the crazy ones im after[/sub]

[sub]some of the FX seem to have different names to the B3 counterparts (bass related names) are they any different?[/sub]