Why become a member? ×

Looks like we're getting the single pedal B3 after all!

Dood

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.facebook.com/zoomcorpuk/posts/442729372481929

I've done a video review that I will also post in BC's review section too. Click like, post some comments, share it, let me know what you think!

Just watched it through Dan, nice review....Very helpful to watch something this thorough.

Can't wait to get my mitts on one. Err you did say you were passing it round, or did I mishear you? :cough: My vid cut up at the end, so I may have misheard your generous offer :cough: :P

Edited by Badass

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1366893128' post='2058626']
Awesome review! I don't really need one of these, but I can't help but want one to go with my B3 :gas:
[/quote]

Ha! :D Do you [i]really [/i]need both??
I've got a good excuse, as I sold my B3 to get my Carvin B2000 so obviously I'd be justified.
That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1366893340' post='2058632']
Ha! :D Do you [i]really [/i]need both??
I've got a good excuse, as I sold my B3 to get my Carvin B2000 so obviously I'd be justified.
That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it.
[/quote]

Do it! :P

I've literally not got enough room on my pedalboard so my wallet is safe... for now!

Hey all :) Thank you! It was fun doing the review - i think I'll be doing more gear in the future - the worst bit was a steep learning curve in basic video editing software!

As for having the B3 and MS together - well, I can see opportunities for needing the MS in my gig bag, but there's this spare space on my pedal board.... They work well together as I have found!

Dan

[quote name='Badass' timestamp='1366891286' post='2058592']
Just watched it through Dan, nice review....Very helpful to watch something this thorough.

Can't wait to get my mitts on one. Err you did say you were passing it round, or did I mishear you? :cough: My vid cut up at the end, so I may have misheard your generous offer :cough: :P
[/quote]

Heh heh, well maybe if there's a bash coming up before they are released, then I'll bring it along! :) I can't say that I'll be giving it up any time soon!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1366899681' post='2058756']
Heh heh, well maybe if there's a bash coming up before they are released, then I'll bring it along! :) I can't say that I'll be giving it up any time soon!
[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/199015-mid-hertsnorth-london-bash/page__fromsearch__1"]Mid Herts/North London Bash[/url] ?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1364938135' post='2033144']
Just wish that the power supply lead was longer, and a bit sturdier.
[/quote]

I have an extension lead for the PSU on my B3, and one for the wireless receiver too, and they're both attached with cable ties to the jack-jack cable running from the amp to the B3 output.

And I never wrap the PSU cable round the wall-wart, I always coil it separately, which I think gives the cable an easier life where it goes into the wall-wart body.

Daft question. If you save one particular blend of effects to patch 1, then another to patch 2, can you go backwards in one click to patch 1 or do you have to keep on cycling forwards? - So I guess save the same effect as patch 1 to patch 3

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1367049423' post='2060595']
If you save one particular blend of effects to patch 1, then another to patch 2, can you go backwards in one click to patch 1 or do you have to keep on cycling forwards? - So I guess save the same effect as patch 1 to patch 3
[size=4][/quote][/size]
You can specify which order patches are cycled in. So if you have 1, 2 and 3, and your'e on 2, then you need two clicks to return to 1. But you can have 26 patches in the cycle, so it should be possible to work something out! This is how I understand it, at least... I'm quite happy to be contradicted! :)

Edited by discreet

So, for the sake of conversation, if the singer decided to change the agreed running order on the fly because of the way the crowd were behaving, you'd be in trouble if you neded a particular patch that was programmed to be a number of clicks away down the line?

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1367049947' post='2060600']
So, for the sake of conversation, if the singer decided to change the agreed running order on the fly because of the way the crowd were behaving, you'd be in trouble if you needed a particular patch that was programmed to be a number of clicks away down the line?
[/quote]

I suppose that would depend on how many patches you need to do a gig! If you've got 20 numbers in your set and each has two totally unique patches, then you might struggle! If you have three or four tones maximum for the entire set then you'd be OK, I reckon.

So it doesn't have to scroll through everything, only the ones you have saved? This is where my 'dim' bit comes in, as I couldn't work that out.

Edit - just seen the diagram. Makes sense now!! You must have children - patiently explaining things like that.

Another edit - I currently use a bit of overdrive,chorus very occasionally, fuzz even less occasionally, and have a tuner. I was going to buy one of the programmable DI pedals, too - I could bin all of those and just use this one pedal by the looks of it.

Edited by Paul S

[size=4][quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1367051890' post='2060634']
So it doesn't have to scroll through everything, only the ones you have saved? This is where my 'dim' bit comes in, as I couldn't work that out.
Edit - just seen the diagram. Makes sense now!! You must have children - patiently explaining things like that.
Another edit - I currently use a bit of overdrive,chorus very occasionally, fuzz even less occasionally, and have a tuner. I was going to buy one of the programmable DI pedals, too - I could bin all of those and just use this one pedal by the looks of it.
[/quote]

Yes, you can program which patches you want in the sequence and their order. And yes, I do have a child! But [i]he [/i]spends a lot of time explaining things to [i]me[/i]! ;) I had a B3, which is great - I used it mainly for compression, SansAmp sim and Markbass amp sim (i.e. as a pre-amp) and I'm going to get a Bass StompBox, which looks like it will do the same thing for less cash.

I think you probably could probably replace a lot of FX pedals with this - IF you like the FX! A major omission for me though is lack of an XLR DI out. The MS-60B has 2 X 1/4" jack outputs (L/R) only. Not a problem though, if you have an XLR DI out on your amp and an FX loop.[/size]

Edited by discreet

I have DI out from the amp so that won't be an issue for me. I don't really like effects and don't use them much - I think this is why this appeals so much. But, yes, will I actually like the effects it has? Difficult to say. I tried a lot of chorus pedals which i didn't like before I settled on the EBS Unichorus, which I do like. Hopefully this will be somewhere near it. Anyway, thanks!