Why become a member? ×

What's your CHEEKY bass?

Moos3h

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a cheap P bass that someone had put Fender PU's on and a Fender logo on the headstock. Sounded great and played very well but it weighed a ton. I passed it on to my niece who was playing in a band (she was young, her back could take it). Now she is vox only but I think the bass gets used occasionally by the band anyway or may have just been sold on. Edited by KevB

Not as cheap as some of the basses in this thread, but at 230 Pounds (on this forum) this was a heck of a deal:

[IMG]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Basses/Carvin%20B4/6982428589_f16c721200_b.jpg[/IMG]

It's a Carvin B4, the most basic and affordable model they make. Bolt-on neck, passive electronics, no frills. But I find myself playing this one more than any of my other basses when I'm at home playing on my own. It's just so bloody addictive to play, so versatile, and it sounds awesome! When I got it delivered it had flatwounds on it and very poor pots (the effect of turning them was only noticable in a very small bit of the turning range) but with a fresh set of rounds and some MEC pots it's absolutely killer :)

• 1 month later...

Another heads up for SGC Nanyo bass collection. Mine is the SB110 series Active pickups.
Gotoh hardware. Light as a feather and lovely slim, fast neck.
Bought for about £150 from memory. Bloody lot of bass for the money and gives my
USA Fender Jazz a run for it's money. I think these where about £400+ when new.
[attachment=129544:IMG_2537.JPG]
[attachment=129545:IMG_2543.JPG]
[attachment=129546:IMG_2542.JPG]
She is my always in the stand go to bass. ;)

Here's my cheeky one, though it doesn't put the others to shame.
Nice bass though, and a steal at 69 quid for a near mint one.

[IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/basstractor1/DaisyRockDR6022DebutanteDaisyawesomeblue_zps88dd89ac.jpg[/IMG]

best,
bert

[quote name='blunderthumbs' timestamp='1362914408' post='2006050']
Another heads up for SGC Nanyo bass collection. Mine is the SB110 series Active pickups.
Gotoh hardware. Light as a feather and lovely slim, fast neck.
Bought for about £150 from memory. Bloody lot of bass for the money and gives my
USA Fender Jazz a run for it's money. I think these where about £400+ when new.
[attachment=129544:IMG_2537.JPG]
[attachment=129545:IMG_2543.JPG]
[attachment=129546:IMG_2542.JPG]
She is my always in the stand go to bass. ;)
[/quote]

I got one of these last night - well the SB301 model - tiny little neck profile, fast as they come - absolutely mind blowing little bass. I, too paid £150, look at my sig and you'll get an idea of what it lives with - I've several basses which cost over £2.5K - this sits comfortably with them. Highly recommended to anybody after a [s]cheap[/s] inexpensive bass.

Well here is my cheeky bass. Cost me around about the £100 mark. Fabulous condition, lovely to play and sounds great. It turns way more heads than any of my more expensive basses too!

Have to say, have always been been very impressed at the quality of all the Daisy Rock basses that I have played. B)

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1363042251' post='2007618']
My 1983 JV Squier purchased for the pricely sum of £129*

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img822/719/jvsmall.jpg[/IMG]

You might get that for it now. Cheeky!

* new in 1983 so maybe not sich a cheeky buy
[/quote]

Edited by Donnyboy

[quote name='Bass Lady' timestamp='1363293902' post='2011283']
Well here is my cheeky bass. Cost me around about the £100 mark. Fabulous condition, lovely to play and sounds great. It turns way more heads than any of my more expensive basses too!

Have to say, have always been been very impressed at the quality of all the Daisy Rock basses that I have played. B)
[/quote]

I think I just got me a GAS attack! What's the scale length on those?

Edited by Vinny

Hi Vinny, long / normal scale, certainly not medium or short. Sorry not 100% sure of the correct term.

I also have a short scale Daisy rock which again is a lovely sounding, well made bass but not as comfortable to play but great for teaching little ones in school.