Why become a member? ×

December Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

Cheers guys I will invest I am sure , before the due date.

I cannot get my head around the midi aspects ATM , sometimes it works sometimes not , these are the type things that frustrate me the most, I know it works becuase I have done it , but there must be a command or channel or a driver or some button that needs switching. I am thinking that the world of Midi is a must with recording , so I will have to get my head around it .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1356958803' post='1915561']
Cheers guys I will invest I am sure , before the due date.
I cannot get my head around the midi aspects ATM , sometimes it works sometimes not , these are the type things that frustrate me the most, I know it works becuase I have done it , but there must be a command or channel or a driver or some button that needs switching. I am thinking that the world of Midi is a must with recording , so I will have to get my head around it .
[/quote]

While Reaper is not for me [I tried - but a few things missing for me]
I did find this useful [YouTube]
Lots of material on Midi in Reaper.
Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=working+with+midi+in+reaper&oq=working+with+midi+in+reaper&gs_l=youtube.3...22188.28351.0.28531.27.26.0.1.1.0.83.1850.26.26.0...0.0...1ac.1.Ms8htt_Fx9M

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1356959319' post='1915571']
While Reaper is not for me [I tried - but a few things missing for me]
I did find this useful [YouTube]
Lots of material on Midi in Reaper.
Hope it helps.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=working+with+midi+in+reaper&oq=working+with+midi+in+reaper&gs_l=youtube.3...22188.28351.0.28531.27.26.0.1.1.0.83.1850.26.26.0...0.0...1ac.1.Ms8htt_Fx9M"]http://www.youtube.c...c.1.Ms8htt_Fx9M[/url]

Garry
[/quote]

Wow cheers Garry , I have done a bit of searchiing , but that lot looks like the Holy Grail . I will stick that link on my faves and do some homework .

Great entries this month all are up there and a hard one to pick from, loved quite a few, some of the bass work was amazing and the quality of mixing and general knock togetherness was amazing as well, well done to everyone :)

Voted for Steve in the end as I really liked it and it fitted the pic very well, luved the manc vocal, we need to hear more!

Father christmas has brought me a Line 6 Pod X3 Pro so I will be getting my head around that over the coming months and trying to record with it, so hopefully will finally have some decent sounds for bass and guitar.

Happy New Year all and keep em coming, thanks to Charic for organising this every month. :drinks:

Edited by Stephen Houghton

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1356996411' post='1916264']
Voted. For Bobby K. It's a lovely interpretation of the picture, really sweetly composed and very sensitively performed. I really, really liked it. Also liked SKOL's and bobbass4k's.
[/quote]

Thanks very much mate, I'm made up you appreciated it, very kind words indeed ;) Makes it worthwhile taking part, for sure.

Was a tough call for me to choose one, but in the end it just had to be Skol, last month's winner. The production was absolute genius, I have to say. Set the scene perfectly for me. Really conveyed the drunken madness so well. All those crazy sounds coming and going, I felt a bit unsteady just listening to it :lol: Excellent standard of work.

A very very close second had to be Stephen Houghton's piece, just brilliant and SO funny, we were all LOLing in the Bobby K household :D

As others have said though, the standard in general was tremendous and I'm so glad I took part.

I'll see how things go but i'm gonna try and take part in more of these monthly comps :)

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1357004565' post='1916361']
Great entries this month all are up there and a hard one to pick from, loved quite a few, some of the bass work was amazing and the quality of mixing and general knock togetherness was amazing as well, well done to everyone :)

Voted for Steve in the end as I really liked it and it fitted the pic very well, luved the manc vocal, we need to hear more!

Father christmas has brought me a Line 6 Pod X3 Pro so I will be getting my head around that over the coming months and trying to record with it, so hopefully will finally have some decent sounds for bass and guitar.

Happy New Year all and keep em coming, thanks to Charic for organising this every month. :drinks:
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words Stephen, I'm just starting to get into singing so they're very motivating :)

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks from me also to Charic, the comp is becoming a basschat institution

^ Cheers to Nige, Bobby and others for words of encouragement this month - appreciated!

Not sure if voting is still underway but it looks like we currently have a tie between [b]xgsjx[/b] and [b]BobbyK[/b]... both excellent entries and very deserving winners (Charic will no doubt make the 'formal' announcement in due course). I personally found it very hard to pick a favourite - some very strong entries and a great end to last year's monthly challenges.

Here's to another year of making music! Best wishes to y'all :)

i think rightly or wrongly there was a lot more interest given the prize on offer. i also don't think its helped by the fact the voting has fallen over the xmas period for this one.

ive entered the last 2 months, but this month i didnt have time, and im sure im not the only one.

vote wise, i think last month there was a lot more canvasing for votes in the other forum sections, again something i bet we haven't had a lot of time for

I was just being cheeky, i wasn't having a go at people for not entering. It is quite an undertaking to knock out a quality piece of music in a week or two. And all the entries have been quality. Especially like you said it being Christmas and everything

The voting thing tho.......to me, It's just funny how the overall votes cast has returned to pre prize levels

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1357151912' post='1918276']
It's the canvassing for votes I have a major problem with. I think it's deeply unfair. I'm glad there's no prize this month, even if that means it gets a quarter of the votes it did last month, at least they are more likely to be honest votes.
[/quote]
Respect!

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1357151912' post='1918276']
It's the canvassing for votes I have a major problem with. I think it's deeply unfair. I'm glad there's no prize this month, even if that means it gets a quarter of the votes it did last month, at least they are more likely to be honest votes.
[/quote]

Agreed

Good mix of styles again this month. To satisfy the curiosity of probably no-one, my title is an anagram of "Harvey's Bristol Cream", with the possessive apostrophe omitted because that's just the kind of grammatical badass I am. It was the christmasiest thing I could think of.