Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

November Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

I had 14 and skol had 20 last time i looked, this is a bit of a f..k up why not let the guys at 13 guitars choose a winner that would be fair in my opinion, i wouldnt mind that at least there would be no bad vibes or anything around it. :) Starting from begining wouldnt be fair in my opinion as people may not even look again on any site, or on BC FB page e.t.c.

I am happy either way, at least those who are giving the prize would have a say in the results, as long as it was done on comp rules relating song to photos e.t.c.

Yeah and 13 guitars are applauded for the offer of the prize in the first place!

Edited by Stephen Houghton

I voted for the same one again. On the issue of listening to all of the songs, I don't listen to every second of every song. Most songs I'll listen to in their entirety or at least the vast majority. However, if I'm not keen on the music, or if think that the music does not fit the pictures too well, I'll whizz forward to any other sections just to get a flavour of the whole song.

Were some people saying that some people were only interested in the tracks with most votes? I don't get that as you can't see that info until after you vote. Anyway, I start at the top and work my way down to the bottom.

Mates signing up just to vote? Bad form, unfair and very much not in the spirit of the competition or BC in general!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1354099765' post='1881973']
I'd go with this, too. They [i]are [/i]donating the prize, after all. Any other ideas?
[/quote]

I would be fairly strongly against it, it could cause a bias toward a particular style etc... keep the rules as they were and it's the closest to fair it can be :)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1354100196' post='1881976']... keep the rules as they were and it's the closest to fair it can be :)[/quote]

Ok. I've taken that as a green light to get the message out that voting is starting again from scratch.

Just slung a message out on [url="https://twitter.com/Skol303"]Twitter[/url] and the [url="http://soundcloud.com/groups/basschat/discussion"]BC SoundCloud group[/url] (you can view them by clicking the links). I don't have any Facebook contacts worth spamming about it, just friends and family, so maybe someone else can take care of that end of things.

Not happy, but I'll just have to suck it up like a goddamn He-Man :angry: [i][< that's meant to be a He-Manly face, not an angry one...][/i]

Good luck everyone (again!).

Edited by Skol303

I dont think thats fair Skol, voting should carry on from where it was everyone knows there number of votes before the crash. Or let 13 guitar decide, i know charic said it may push towards one style or another, but everyone votes that way anyway. The people who voted for you may not read it as they think they have voted already, or may not even look on web and it could screw your chances up.

:(

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354102848' post='1882008']I dont think thats fair Skol, voting should carry on from where it was everyone knows there number of votes before the crash. Or let 13 guitar decide, i know charic said it may push towards one style or another, but everyone votes that way anyway. The people who voted for you may not read it as they think they have voted already, or may not even look on web and it could screw your chances up.[/quote]

Cheers for the kind words, Stephen, but I honestly don't mind. This particular cluster f*** pales in comparison to some of the stuff I've had to deal with over the years (cue montage depicting emotional backstory... ;) ). Yes, it sucks good and proper, and I imagine there are plenty of folks who'll relish a second chance at the win - I know I would - but [i]ce la vie![/i]

I've posted about the re-vote on the same channels I did previously, and I guess the laws of maths dictate that if the same number of people do and don't bother voting again then I should still be in with a chance. And if not, heh, I'll just go sit in a corner and cry my bleeding heart out (is this emotional stuff working on anyone yet??).

So personally I think leave it as it stands. The votes have already started again and I think it'd do more harm than good to future challenges if we said to people: "Voting is back on... but now it's off again". I was really heartened to see that so many folks had voted, so let's hope that continues.

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1354104814' post='1882041']
Cheers for the kind words, Stephen, but I honestly don't mind. This particular cluster f*** pales in comparison to some of the stuff I've had to deal with over the years (cue montage depicting emotional backstory... ;) ). Yes, it sucks good and proper, and I imagine there are plenty of folks who'll relish a second chance at the win - I know I would - but [i]ce la vie![/i]

I've posted about the re-vote on the same channels I did previously, and I guess the laws of maths dictate that if the same number of people do and don't bother voting again then I should still be in with a chance. And if not, heh, I'll just go sit in a corner and cry my bleeding heart out (is this emotional stuff working on anyone yet??).

So personally I think leave it as it stands. The votes have already started again and I think it'd do more harm than good to future challenges if we said to people: "Voting is back on... but now it's off again". I was really heartened to see that so many folks had voted, so let's hope that continues.
[/quote]

I didnt see where it was announced back on I thought it was still being discussed? It was said original votes could be added again which is fair enough, but to start again isnt fair in my humble opinion. Especially on you and me, as far as new member votes go this site puts it on there so in my book there cant be any complaints if people join and vote, i understand its not really the done thing, but if thats what happens you cant shoot the messenger surely.

OK i voted. It was super difficult to make a decision but i just went with the one i thought had the vibe most in keeping with the photos that obviously hit my spot.lol
I agree if everyone knows how many votes they had it should just carry on from there.
I didnt know you could see the votes because im special like that :gas:
I have also stuck a like on facebook this time.
When does the voting end?

Edited by Elvis Valentine

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354105265' post='1882053']
OK i voted. It was super difficult to make a decision but i just went with the one i thought had the vibe most in keeping with the photos that obviously hit my spot.lol
I agree if everyone knows how many votes they had it should just carry on from there.
I didnt know you could see the votes because im special like that :gas:
[/quote]

Gotta agree with that one, dont see any other fair way around it

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354105265' post='1882052']It was said original votes could be added again which is fair enough, but to start again isnt fair in my humble opinion[/quote]
[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354105265' post='1882053']I agree if everyone knows how many votes they had it should just carry on from there.[/quote]

I think we need a decision here... I'm against stopping the vote again as it appears be back on and doesn't seem right to mess the voters around [i](I sound like a frickin' politician!).[/i]

If people are in favour of adding previous tallies back on to everyone's totals then I'd obviously be a mug to complain! Seems fair to me, but I can understand why people might object.

[b]Charic: your the boss here; over to you on this one I think mate...[/b] :blink:

I'd say start again guys, I've put the post up on FB again and hopefully most voters will come back and vote again. If we see it's going majorly different then perhaps an alternative solution can be looked into then but I think we need to see what happens first.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1354106912' post='1882092']I'd say start again guys, I've put the post up on FB again and hopefully most voters will come back and vote again. If we see it's going majorly different then perhaps an alternative solution can be looked into then but I think we need to see what happens first.[/quote]

Ok mate. I can roll with that :drinks:

Dummy out of pram :(

Not fair as its different for some already, either revert to origainal votes which is absolutely fair, what is the problem with that? Or let 13 guitars choose which would be fair enough but needs to be done soon either way otherwise if done later it wont look good to anyone. Just being honest, does anyone else have a problem with votes being put back to original votes?

I suppose what i am saying is how not giving people their original vote dealing with it in the best way, not being an arse but i dont see how this is best?

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354107442' post='1882102']
Presumably members cant vote twice?
I do think its really unfortunate if say. Skol and Stephen (whom i gather were the leaders) were to not regain there votes though.
Its a tricky one.
[/quote]

The people who voted previously can do again as it's a fresh poll. If I was to manually put in the previous numbers then they could do again.

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1354107457' post='1882104']
Dummy out of pram :(

Not fair as its different for some already, either revert to origainal votes which is absolutely fair, what is the problem with that? Or let 13 guitars choose which would be fair enough but needs to be done soon either way otherwise if done later it wont look good to anyone. Just being honest, does anyone else have a problem with votes being put back to original votes?

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

If I put it back and then people re-vote then it can truly screw it up.

As for letting 13 decide I think that would be completely unfair as it is a complete change of rules.

I'm sorry your not happy with the decision but that's how it's going to run.

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1354107701' post='1882111']
Right ok.
But for example myself who only just voted this morning, i couldn't vote again? Not that 'im planning to:-) that to me seems unfair and kind of pointless lol. I feel bad for you Charic, tough decisions.
[/quote]

Nope, everyone gets one vote :)

The old ones all got erased by voldemort and hitler :(