Why become a member? ×

October Composition Competition - Voting Time!

charic

Phew, I've finally had a listen, and voted for Rockford Stone because... because deep down I'm just a metalhead! :D \m/ :D
All entries are outstanding, though, and I loved hearing all the different styles inspired by the photo. I'm in total awe of you guys as composers. Well done all. Keep up the good work. :i-m_so_happy:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1351710933' post='1854531']
Phew, I've finally had a listen, and voted for Rockford Stone because... because deep down I'm just a metalhead! :D \m/ :D
All entries are outstanding, though, and I loved hearing all the different styles inspired by the photo. I'm in total awe of you guys as composers. Well done all. Keep up the good work. :i-m_so_happy:
[/quote]
I think you voted the right way Sylvia. I think your vote should go to the one you like best, not to the most technically executed or recorded, or to what one feels is the best interpretation of the picture, etc. The picture is for the composers, not the audience IMO, but I may be wrong :)

Edited by silddx

The beauty of it is (imo) that the judging is entirely free form. People will vote for different things for different reasons :)

PS. Here's one of the reasons I didn't have time for an entry this month ;)

[url="http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/149301606"]http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/149301606[/url]

^ Haha, yeah thanks guys! I'd love to do a dance off but I've, err, hurt my leg. And my back. Or something...

Genuinely shocked to have drawn with Nige, who I thought was the deserving winner this month. Thanks to everyone who voted and more importantly everyone who had a go and submitted a track.

Here's hoping these challenges keep on growing - so more entries and more votes this month please!

Thanks again y'all.

Paul

[PS: Charic, I'll PM you with an image ASAP today]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1351764731' post='1854995']
^ Haha, yeah thanks guys! I'd love to do a dance off but I've, err, hurt my leg. And my back. Or something...

Genuinely shocked to have drawn with Nige, who I thought was the deserving winner this month. Thanks to everyone who voted and more importantly everyone who had a go and submitted a track.

Here's hoping these challenges keep on growing - so more entries and more votes this month please!

Thanks again y'all.

Paul

[PS: Charic, I'll PM you with an image ASAP today]
[/quote]

Well that was a lot of fun and and again, we have a coalition :)

I thought Skol's was so memorable, I was even singing it this morning :lol: It's an honour to be in such good company, some great music this month!

Thanks to everyone who listened and voted, keep going!

Charic, pic in your inbox mate.

Cheers, and congratulations to Skol, it was a great battle mate :D

Nx

^ Thanks Nige, the feeling's mutual mate! :drinks:

I'm definitely nowhere near the standard of musicianship shown by folks here, so I'm dead chuffed to be in the running for these challenges. Means a lot to get positive feedback from y'all! Very inspiring.

I think our coalition will be a lot more meaningful than the current political one... ;) Just PM'd my choice of pic to Charic (linked to a certain national holiday being celebrated today), so here's looking forward to another round of eclectic music this month.

Cheers.