Why become a member? ×

Barefaced-still waiting....

cameltoe

Ok, so I ordered a Compact in June and I'm still waiting for it to turn up. I was aware there could be a bit of a wait, but what's concerning me now is after paying the full amount at the end of August, after Alex had emailed to tell me it was nearly ready, there is still no sign of it, and Alex is not responding to my emails.

Hmmm. Is it too early to start worrying? I've heard no negative feedback yet in terms of products not arriving, just taking a loooong time, but the whole not replying to me thing is not exactly putting my mind at rest.

Alex replied to my questions before I ordered mine last week, so he is still around. Not sure if that is good news or not for you!

EDIT: And I spoke to him on the phone. His mobile number is on the Contact page of his website.

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1349210633' post='1823460']
The wait will be worth it - trust me :)
[/quote]

Trouble is, in the meantime I will be suffering from option anxiety: Do I really want a Compact? Would I be better of with a Super Twelve? A 12kg giggable cab is a dream come true, but if I ended up with two, the Super Twelve would have cost me less. No doubt I will be thrashing this out in due course, and there is always the 30-day trial to fret through (in more ways than one).

So 3below - at the risk of hijacking this thread - what kind of gigs do you do, and what is your rig?

Ordered a Super Twelve on 22nd August, so it's now week six.

I had to sell my Genz Benz rig to fund a new head and the Super Twelve, I've bought the new head, but I'm now cab less,
and I'm just about to join a new band that is gigging at least once or twice a week, so I'm hoping mine will show up soon. :unsure:

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1349211592' post='1823479']
So 3below - at the risk of hijacking this thread - what kind of gigs do you do, and what is your rig?
[/quote]

Mainly at work these days (don't ask), involving audience up to 800, no pa support. Barefaced Dubster and before that Big One. Light, sensible size,loud and great clarity - the big hifi is my best take.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1349244654' post='1823691']

Mainly at work these days (don't ask), involving audience up to 800, no pa support. Barefaced Dubster and before that Big One. Light, sensible size,loud and great clarity - the big hifi is my best take.

Hope that helps.
[/quote]
Cheers for that.

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1349230553' post='1823680']
It's not the least bit unusual for a start-up company to find itself unable to keep up with the demand once the word gets out. If Alex was still taking full payment rather than just a deposit you'd have some valid concern. Since he isn't he's not I'd be patient, good things come to those who wait.
[/quote]

This. Alex hasn't got a bad bone in his body too, really wouldn't be concerned by this, it's just they're so busy!

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1349202507' post='1823266']
Ok, so I ordered a Compact in June and I'm still waiting for it to turn up. I was aware there could be a bit of a wait, but what's concerning me now is after paying the full amount at the end of August, after Alex had emailed to tell me it was nearly ready, there is still no sign of it, and Alex is not responding to my emails.

Hmmm. Is it too early to start worrying? I've heard no negative feedback yet in terms of products not arriving, just taking a loooong time, but the whole not replying to me thing is not exactly putting my mind at rest.
[/quote]

Did you get this sorted?

• 2 weeks later...

On my 14th week now for my new Compact. Unfortunately mine's been caught up in the silver grille cloth supplier issue, but Alex assures me it'll be with me soon. As many others have said, it will be worth the wait.