Why become a member? ×

Flake

joeystrange

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1349090802' post='1821527']
Lovely! More details and pics please!
[/quote]

It's a MIM Fender that she got pretty cheap then sent to Sims for the refin and replaced the pups with a set of QPs. No volume or tone either, it's just wired straight off the pups.
I'm sure she's got more pics that I'll try and find, or at least she'll take more. The only thing is photos really don't do it justice. As with all metal flake it just looks so much more effective in real life.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1349090807' post='1821528']
Like it a lot, reminds me of Adam Clayton though :(
[/quote]

I didn't know he had a bass like that. She originally got the idea years ago when she saw the silver flake bass that Melissa Auf Der Mauf had in the Celebrity Skin video.

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1349090965' post='1821531']
And I thought there would be a vid of the 70's choc bar advert.
[/quote]

Here you go. Now you can be happy!
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrKUwUGwQfs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrKUwUGwQfs[/url]

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1349091087' post='1821537']
I doubt there is anyone better than Sims for refins, the work Martin's done for me over the years has been quite simply outstanding
[/quote]

Yeah, he's really good. And he seems like a really nice guy too. You get great customer service from him as well. I can't recommend him enough for refin work.

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1349092045' post='1821559']
It's a MIM Fender that she got pretty cheap then sent to Sims for the refin and replaced the pups with a set of QPs. No volume or tone either, it's just wired straight off the pups.
I'm sure she's got more pics that I'll try and find, or at least she'll take more. The only thing is photos really don't do it justice. As with all metal flake it just looks so much more effective in real life.
[/quote]

Super! Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1349092382' post='1821565']
And on a Cadbury's Flake vibe...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwG414rpqmQ[/media]
[/quote]

well played that man :)

incidentally, the tune to the flake advert was the 2nd tune i worked out by ear on bass.

the 1st was the theme tune to 'question of sport'*

:)

[size=2]*not real sport, just sporting thought[/size]

+1 on Martin Sims.

I'm in a lucky position of being about 10/15 minutes drive away from him as well!

Good place to go for general work too - I've had some set-ups there.

Nice to see his wall of basses - such as the models made for Leo Lyons and Norman Watt-Roy. Great stuff!

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1349107986' post='1821910']
+1 on Martin Sims.

I'm in a lucky position of being about 10/15 minutes drive away from him as well!

Good place to go for general work too - I've had some set-ups there.

Nice to see his wall of basses - such as the models made for Leo Lyons and Norman Watt-Roy. Great stuff!
[/quote]

I'd love to nip in when I'm down there at some point. I love looking around places like that.