Why become a member? ×

Him, he seems to be mellowing.

pst62

He's only used an Allen Key, and a tin of paint! Still a good read though.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jazzbass-Squier-by-Fender-of-Korea-with-full-pro-set-up-by-me-/190726785372?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c6833c95c"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jazzbass-Squier-by-Fender-of-Korea-with-full-pro-set-up-by-me-/190726785372?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2c6833c95c[/url]

Still the usual mix of ill-informed techo-bollocks laced with quasi sales hyperbole.

What's a Jazzbass? Where's the head of a Bass? What's a milimicrobe (totally incorrect scale to measure the gap with). Then contradicts himself by correctly ( for once ) pointing out the fretboard should not be level anyway. Just in case you were aware, you should pluck the Bass by the bridge. BMW Black touch-up, I guess that car paint is the correct paint for a poly finished Bass? Should have stuck with Reliant Robin Black.... The string lengths intonated OK..again not the way you'd describe it "I checked the intonation and it was OK" maybe? He talks about sloping the pickup to compensate for the thicker E string:"the object being to make the volume from the 2 strings the same" Last time I looked the Bass in his photo has 4 strings, presumably you'd want to equalise all 4?

master guitar fixer.....nuff said!

Oh, almost forget about how daylight has mellowed the tone of the head and neck and how it sings like a bird or grumbles like a bear and the " couple of bruises" (more like a dozen).

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1347778695' post='1804764']
I see he's upgraded from 'Master Guitar Bodger' to 'Master Guitar Fixer'.
[/quote]

I've pretty much resisted the urge to lambast, however the above quote says it all really.
On about Back To The Future at one stage wasn't he?

Dare I admit it...that's actually quite a nice-looking bass :ph34r:. About £70 overpriced mind, and he's probably completely raped the nut with a bastard file too, but still...

...ah hang, on, here's one he's not had his hands on yet! [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Tobacco-Burst-Jazz-Bass-Korea-97-/330791923768?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4d04bc3038#ht_5808wt_1151"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Tobacco-Burst-Jazz-Bass-Korea-97-/330791923768?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4d04bc3038#ht_5808wt_1151[/url] That'll do!

[quote name='SlapbassSteve' timestamp='1347798154' post='1805055']
he's probably completely raped the nut with a bastard file too, but still...[/quote]

I don't think he has as he's not mentioned it, and we all know how proud he is of his "improvements"

I just asked my girlfriend to read this auction. After reading it with a very uncomfortable look on her face she said "What!?". Though she has a little knowledge about guitars (despite my best efforts to educate her) even she thought he his talking out of his backside.

It's great comedy reading his auctions.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1347920843' post='1806807']
I am so tempted to email him to ask if he can dress my frets and see what his reply is like. I bet even the simplest tech terms will confuse him. Or better still, make up my own tech terms and see if he understands what I am asking him.
[/quote] Go for it! :)

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1347920843' post='1806807']
I am so tempted to email him to ask if he can dress my frets and see what his reply is like. I bet even the simplest tech terms will confuse him. Or better still, make up my own tech terms and see if he understands what I am asking him.
[/quote]
Tell me what you have said and when & I will send another request asking a similar question......