Why become a member? ×

I sold my Jazz!

wateroftyne

Don't worry Michael. It's always the worst time when you have just sold a bass. I sold a Stingray recently so I know how you feel. Just go and pick up one of those gorgeous precisions and move on!

FWIW, I think you've done the right thing.
I hate to see instruments gathering dust as well. I just sold my JV P bass - i went through all the old "it's an investment" and thought of reasons not to sell it, but I couldn't think of a good one.

Don't piss the money up the wall though - mine is going back into upgrading other instruments. I wanted a 70s P, but now I can't really see a use for it when I've got another bass that will do the job

[quote name='paul, the' post='189901' date='May 1 2008, 06:55 PM']I'm sure it wanted to go. The jazz knew the day that those Precisions were going to gang up and kick its ass were nigh.[/quote]

It doesn't take a gang of Precisions to kick a Jazz's backside. It goes something like this:

Gang of Jazzes: "We're gonna beat you up Mr Precision"
Lone Precision: "Hardly fair sides is it, five of you, one of me? You might need to go and get some of your friends" :)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='189919' date='May 1 2008, 07:19 PM']It doesn't take a gang of Precisions to kick a Jazz's backside. It goes something like this:

Lone Precision: "Hardly fair sides is it, five of you, one of me? You might need to go and get some of your friends" :)[/quote]

tee hee......

Wont find me arguing with that! :huh:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='189998' date='May 1 2008, 08:50 PM']Cheers folks.

I've had it a few years now, so it was a wrench to see it go. The new owner is going to be gigging it, and it's what it deserves.

[b]I'll try and numb the pain by buying a new amp[/b], I think...[/quote]

You're worse than me :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='189919' date='May 1 2008, 07:19 PM']It doesn't take a gang of Precisions to kick a Jazz's backside. It goes something like this:

Lone Precision: "Hardly fair sides is it, five of you, one of me? You might need to go and get some of your friends" :)

Chris[/quote]Nah, it's more like:

Gang of Precisions: "You're gonna get your fackin 'ead kicked in, you're goin' 'ome in a fackin ambulance, Chelsea Chelsea, etc"

Lone Jazz: "Oh for god's sake grow up, you boorish neanderthal cretins."

[i]*old Ibanez Musician fretless turns up and arrests hooligan Precisions -- it's a Police bass, y'see...*[/i]

[quote name='Rich' post='190433' date='May 2 2008, 12:42 PM']Nah, it's more like:

Gang of Precisions: "You're gonna get your fackin 'ead kicked in, you're goin' 'ome in a fackin ambulance, Chelsea Chelsea, etc"

Lone Jazz: "Oh for god's sake grow up, you boorish neanderthal cretins."

[i]*old Ibanez Musician fretless turns up and arrests hooligan Precisions -- it's a Police bass, y'see...*[/i][/quote]
:) Coffee on keyboard / monitor / trousers. Again. :huh: