Why become a member? ×

We've been together for 22 years!! (pics included)

police squad

This is my number 1. Bought in London in 1990.
Needed a set up and since then all that's been done is new pots and half the pickup isn't original (it's from a '79) after it went open circuit.
It was (badly) refinished well before I got it but it's aged beautifully after the (literally) thousands of gigs.
Badass bridge and gold mirror guard.

looks like a cowboys billycan. Lots of love there i guess. do you have to intercept flying bottles on a regular bassis with the headstock. :D

Nice one. are you sure the neck isn't older, I thought we were well into the numbers under the logo by then or did they stop a while.

the headstock has seen a lot of cymbals!!
The worn parch under the g string ( on the body) is where my fingers dig in when I play with a pick.

The numbers on the bottom on the neck are too knackered to get the exact date but going by the serial number and date on the p/up I've always seen it as a '75.

I had already discovered that P basses were my thing but this one is just perfect. The frets are really low but it still intonates ok.
When it gets re-fretted it'll never feel the same, so hopefully it's got a few years left in it before It needs it.

[quote name='pst62' timestamp='1346143366' post='1785639']
That's a lovely bass mate! Not wanting to piss on your pyro's here, but that 'Badass' bridge is a Schaller 3D.
[/quote]
It is yes, I'd forgotten that
I had it lying around and stuck it on in about 1991.

One 'other' little quirk.
When I took the neck off I found a piece of paper acting as a shim. It read, 'phone Jimmy Page' with a phone number. So my guitar tech phoned the number and got a very pi**ed off Jimmy Page on the phone. The piece of paper is still there!!

I like that. Very nice bass with proper wear & tear & not one of those "Roadworn" wannabe's!

It's good when you find "Your" bass & stick with it. Me & my Ibby have been together for 22 years as well (though it's been stripped of it's paint & had a change of guts).