Why become a member? ×

My home town made famous by local lads Keane

KiOgon

It's a bit strange to hear a song about everyday places I know so well, it's not quite like 'New York New York' down here :rolleyes:
Here's the video, made around the Cafe & seafront - shows a bit of Bexhill life ;)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH13eUiDhmo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH13eUiDhmo[/url]

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1345460115' post='1777645']
And not a mobility scooter in sight!!
[color=#0000ff]We'll soon fix that for you[/color] :)

I'd really like this song - it should be as uplifting as the video, but why does he have to always try and out-miserable Morrissey all the time?!
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]You cannot be serious[/color] :o [color=#0000ff]our Tom's never as bad as that[/color] :P [color=#0000FF] [/color][color=#0000ff]it is such a catchy song though :lol: [/color]

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1345471719' post='1777807']
Some of my Mums' ashes were scattered in the sea at Bexhill....she lived there as a young girl.......I really Liked that area of the south coast.......Not that what I think matters ...it just made me think of mum! :(
[/quote]
I'll give a little wave (no pun intended) of respect to your Mum when I'm down at the sea next :happy:

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1345461613' post='1777673']
[color=#0000ff]You cannot be serious[/color] :o [color=#0000ff]our Tom's never as bad as that[/color] :P [color=#0000FF] [/color][color=#0000ff]it is such a catchy song though :lol: [/color]
[/quote]

Agreed, it is a great song, would just like to hear a happy cover of it some time :o

The only band to make my area famous for a day that I can think of are Travis.
The video for 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me' was filmed on the moors my Village backs onto. The first part of the video up until they all jump in a lake (disused quarry) was filmed on Bodmin Moor across the moors from where I live now and when they all surface up through a floating rooms floor it's filmed on the stretch of the Tamar where I grew up.
Why the band came all the way to Cornwall to film in a location that looks so similar to their native Scotland I don't know :D

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1345494405' post='1778226']
Now just round the corner up the coast is Teignmouth where I have heard a rather well know trio come from.
[/quote].

I saw this trio in Tavistock wharf before they 'made it'. If you had to pick a band destined for super stardom it certainly wasn't them then :shok: .

Being in the Weald of Kent, we had some of the Darling Buds Of May filmed not far away.

And of course, near to where I work we have Dungeness, home of loads of films and videos.

A couple of years ago, there was a BBC 3/4 programme, 'The Incredibiles', in which one of my colleagues appeared on a weekly basis giving the, ahem, 'Incredibles' their latest stunt. All filmed in Dungeness!

We frequently get filming going on round here. Just down the road from me is Charlestown, where they've filmed everything from The Eagle has Landed (had a school trip there when I was a kid whilst they were filming-got Michael Caine's autograph, since lost. Had never heard of Donald Sutherland or Robert Duvall) to the Three Musketeers-my mate took Charlie Sheen and Keifer Sutherland out in his boat for a day's fishing during the filming.
We have a lot of clay pits which have been used for Dr.Who, Blake's 7, the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy-every time they need a bleak, barren alien landscape they come to St.Austell! There's the Eden Project which they filmed one of the Bond films at, there's Roche Rock where they filmed a bit of the last Omen film. It's a regular Hollywood down here-oh and of course every year they're back in Port Isaac to film another series of Doc Martin.
Also they filmed the video to Alison Moyet's 'Is this Love?' at the now derelict Cornwall Coliseum, where I saw many a band during my formative years.

Bollocks to Keane.

Let's not forget that our beloved Bexhill on sea was the concentration camp in the film Children of Men, whch reminds me of one of the local nutters who'd hang about the library and insist that the town's name is daemonic and that t was of special interest to the Nazis...

Oh, and we're #8 in the original 'Crap towns' book.