Why become a member? ×

How many gigs have you done.

w00dy

Since 1997 when I started playing, early on say 10 or so a year for a couple of years, then I joined a 'proper' originals band where we were gigging at least twice a week, if not more, had a few years on tour, plus depping etc etc, now last 5 years with busy function band doing around an average of 2 / 3 per week
I'm pretty certain I'm well over 1500. Wow.

That's just on bass guitar.
If I include playing Tuba, from 1994 to present it doesn't bear thinking about!

• 3 months later...

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1344366438' post='1763548']
I'm so glad I've kept a record of every gig I've ever played (851, so far) complete with details of date, band, venue, bass and any accompanying documentation (photos, poster etc.) I've been accused of OCD, but it's great to look back on.
[/quote]

I've done the same, not to the extent of the bass, photos, etc... but a document of every one, including supports/other bands and how the gig went IMO. My total from my records is 35, including performances in school shows and things, 30 if you don't, and half a song a few weeks ago.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

I'm probably not even close to 200. It's weird really, I've been playing in bands on and off for nearly 30 years, albeit with many dry spells. I haven't been nervous doing gigs for about 28 years, and I am completely comfortable on stage. In fact I feel happier and safer on a stage than anywhere else.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1354844957' post='1891274']
I'm probably not even close to 200. It's weird really, I've been playing in bands on and off for nearly 30 years, albeit with many dry spells. I haven't been nervous doing gigs for about 28 years, and I am completely comfortable on stage. In fact I feel happier and safer on a stage than anywhere else.
[/quote]

Thats how my last gig felt! Im hoping it wasnt a one off

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1354800394' post='1890520']
Hiya Chive. Do I know you IRL I wonder?

(This is Shell, Dik's Ex. Probably not going to the Old Mo gig this time though).
[/quote]

We be at the old mo, if your not bass this time maybe the next gig I'll mention I met you on the internet.