Why become a member? ×

A funny thing happened on the way from my bass lesson

seashell

The old Fender P had been giving out a bit of fretbuzz recently. So on the way home from my bass lesson on Saturday I thought I would call in to see the fine gentlemen at Stirchley Music Exchange to see if they would tweak me truss rod (ooh er etc etc) :)

They kindly loosened it a bit and adjusted the action. I then spent a pleasant few minutes playing 'Sunshine of Your Love' with them in true music shop poser style. Then started to think it might be an idea to have a back up bass of some sort and so had a browse round what they had in. There was nothing there that took my fancy though.

Then they told me that the bloke in the drum shop down the road had a 'nice Ibanez' in. So I went down there to have a little look. Turned out to be an Ibanez SRX 500. Felt really nice and looked in pretty good nick, apart from badly in need of a change of strings. A quick trip to the cash point and I was walking out of there with a new bass! :o

So went to my bass lesson with one bass and came back with two!
Is this how the madness begins??

Edited by seashell

[b]well sir[/b]
[b]you have just started on the long slippery slope that is call[/b]

[b]GAS[/b]
[b]that will teach you for going in a music shop after a lesson,[/b]
[b]repeat after me[/b]

[b]I must resist,I must resist[/b]

[b]resistance is futile[/b]

[b]enjoy and may all your purchases be good ones,[/b]

[b]cheers[/b]
[b]stef[/b]

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1342424885' post='1734469']
Is this how the madness begins?[/quote]

What madness? Hurrr... I'm a teapot! Look - a leprechaun! Wibble, wibble! He heu ha hee! :crazy: *ponces about*

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1342425365' post='1734478']At least I'm not wasting money on shoes...[/quote]

Quite right, too. Simpy buy a pair of cheap flip-flops and wear them all year round. Economical!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342428154' post='1734524']
Quite right, too. Simpy buy a pair of cheap flip-flops and wear them all year round. Economical!
[/quote]

Yup, saves on buying and washing socks too. Of course, a podiatrist isn't cheap, but standards need to be maintained!

Brilliant! Back in the day I only had one bass - a Squier P-bass funnily enough. I thought it would be nice maybe to have a back up, went for a browse in a music shop and came out with a lovely used SRX300 that became my main bass for several years. Always regret selling it. They are fabulous basses and I hope you enjoy yours (the 500 has superior pickups/bridge etc.)

Be warned though. My collection, or Harem as I call it, has expanded somewhat over the years and I'm sure yours will too. :D

And by the way, I guess the only reason why I haven't got a larger collection of basses - apart from money itself, but you know, who needs to eat or heat their home after all? - is that I'm able to carry out a complete setup by myself, which saves me needing the help of music shops and keeps me away from setting my eyes and laying my hands on basses for sale. Now, perhaps the next step would be to install a broadband filter to stop me visiting Thomann.de and this site...*

* but I couldn't survive without either! :D

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1342436176' post='1734722']
...the next step would be to install a broadband filter to stop me visiting Thomann.de and this site...[/quote]

Better include this site, too...
[url="http://www.fanpop.com/spots/womens-shoes/forum"]http://www.fanpop.com/spots/womens-shoes/forum[/url]

;)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342436532' post='1734738']
Better include this site, too...
[url="http://www.fanpop.com/spots/womens-shoes/forum"]http://www.fanpop.co...ens-shoes/forum[/url]

;)
[/quote]

Ugh, that's horrid. Honestly, I would pass out with boredom after a few minutes on that site. My shoe buying process usually lasts less time than it takes me to post one reply on this site! :D :P

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1342436843' post='1734747']
Ugh, that's horrid. Honestly, I would pass out with boredom after a few minutes on that site.[/quote]

I'm glad to hear it. :)
I don't know any women who wear high heels (for example) and frankly can't see why anyone would wear them.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342437070' post='1734754']
Having said that, I can understand why men would wear them... Ha, ha, ha! :lol:
[/quote]

LOL I do wear high heels, as well as flats and mid-heights, but they all hurt after a while, as my feet are no longer as good as they used to be. So there's no point in buying anything special that I could never wear.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1342436999' post='1734750']

I'm glad to hear it. :)
I don't know any women who wear high heels (for example) and frankly can't see why anyone would wear them.
[/quote]

I'm a high heel fan. Love em, love em. Don't wear them all the time but if I'm going out very high heels are my choice. I have lots of them but spend time in running shoes or hiking boots or Harley Davidson bike boots.

Ahhhhh .... Basses and shoes!