Why become a member? ×

well here we go

stef030

where do I begin,
been playing for more years than I care to remember,had a break of about 10 years,
started again about two years ago,
oh how things have changed,I still have a go nearly every day if I can
anyway,I have got up a couple of times with friends blues and covers bands,and done a few numbers,
you know the thing all 12 bar or other,anyway tonight for the first time in years I am going to play with
other musicians that I have never met,with a view to joing their band,a mixture of covers and originals,
the thing is they contacted me,not sure how they got my number,
I learned a few songs from their website ect,and between that and a few covers that we all seem to know
thats about it,
the thing is,
I have been practising for a couple of hours today,just to get comfortable at their own stuff,
but I am really quite nervous,havent felt like this for years,

bloody nora,
oh well,better go and get the gear packed and loaded,

be gentle with me please

see ya
stef

I had a try out last Tuesday and was really nervous too, so I know where you are coming from :D

A very wise BCer (you know who you are) is like a mentor to me, and he said to remember that you are judging them as much as they are judging you... So make sure they are right for you as much as you are right for them.

Good luck and knock 'em dead!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1342373419' post='1733927']
A very wise BCer (you know who you are) is like a mentor to me, and he said to remember that you are judging them as much as they are judging you... So make sure they are right for you as much as you are right for them.
[/quote]

Wise words indeed.

Better to be prepared and nervous than to stroll in owning the place.

Sounds like you're doing all the right thing. I remember hearing Robert Cray being nervous about playing with Eric Clapton until someone told him Eric chose him because of the way Robert Cray played.

thank you lovely people for your kind words, :D

just a quick update
turned up at the studio they had booked,seemed a nice bunch of guys,
chatted away while we set up,
I took the jazz and the 5er just to be sure,did the usual 12 bar starts,thoroughgood,alex harvey,ect
all went swimingly,good sounding guys,you could tell they have been playing for many years together,
I then said to them about trying their own songs as I had a little noodle along on the website,
jesus I thought they were going tp fall over,are you sure they said yes yes lets give it a go,
so of we go,run through 3 of their own songs a few times,sounding very good ,they say
do the whole thing start to finish again,they were making all the right sounds,
complimented me on my sound and feel,I used the 5er for most of the night,they really like the low end as it gave
them something new that really liked,on the few occasions I went low,
and the end of the night they thanked me for taking the trouble to learn and prepare as well
as they felt it pushed them along as well
so all in all a very good night,was really good playing with new musicians
have I got the gig?

well I think so
you can never be certain till the fat lady sings
but I think she is warming up, ;)
but if not,then it has given me the confidence knowing that I can still hold my own up against these guys

cheers
chaps

and again thanks for the good wishes :rolleyes:

Edited by stef030