Why become a member? ×

Problems buying - East Kilbride

butlerk02

Afternoon all,

I'm want to buy something from a guy in East Kilbride via Gumtree, but I'm having problems sorting out the logistics of the deal.

He doesn't have a paypal account (and doesn't want one or anything similar), and he doesn't want to give me his bank details either for bank transfer (fair enough).

Without travelling the 300 miles myself to go and collect it and paying cash, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Normally i'd just sack it off and look elsewhere, but I really really want what he has.

Cheers
Keith

Edited by butlerk02

[quote name='butlerk02' timestamp='1341929673' post='1726370']
Afternoon all,

I'm want to buy something from a guy in East Kilbride via Gumtree, but I'm having problems sorting out the logistics of the deal.

He doesn't have a paypal account (and doesn't want one or anything similar), and he doesn't want to give me his bank details either for bank transfer (fair enough).

Without travelling the 300 miles myself to go and collect it and paying cash, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Normally i'd just sack it off and look elsewhere, but I really really want what he has.

Cheers
Keith
[/quote]

Maybe a basschatter closer can act as a representative? IE. You transfer them cash ( + a little beer money) and they send you the bass after collecting it off of him?

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1341936154' post='1726525']
It's nice to be nice :)
[/quote]

Reminds me of my time in Gambia...all you heard every day was "It's nice to be nice"....often followed by , do you want to see some of my product!!

Anyway, way to go Cameron.....lets start an institute of mutual consideration. It's a while since I heard of someone going out of their way to help someone.