Why become a member? ×

Things you wear for money

I joined an Abba tribute band at the time they were going from part backing tape band to fully live band. As I learned the piano for many years I started miming on piano to the backing tapes - dressed as Benny, in a variety of dreadful satin outfits. Luckily none survive.

You'd think it was money for old rope but miming is hard work!!

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1341499500' post='1720099']
That is the coolest thing ever, and I must persuade someone to let me do it.... :)
[/quote]... Hmmm... Well, it was a full 'Star Trek' band called 'the Crew' ..We did funky/jazzy versions of all the Trek themes plus many Sci-Fi TV & film tunes... Played a bunch of conventions (...some of the weirdest gigs I've ever done!) ... Did several TV appearances, including the Big Breakfast & MTV's Hanging Out... & it was a great gig in some ways.... but not what I was really wanting to do at the time!... :unsure: :ph34r:

[quote name='bottomfeed' timestamp='1341500347' post='1720110']
... Hmmm... Well, it was a full 'Star Trek' band called 'the Crew' ..We did funky/jazzy versions of all the Trek themes plus many Sci-Fi TV & film tunes... Played a bunch of conventions (...some of the weirdest gigs I've ever done!) ... Did several TV appearances, including the Big Breakfast & MTV's Hanging Out... & it was a great gig in some ways.... but not what I was really wanting to do at the time!... :unsure: :ph34r:
[/quote]
Great stuff you weirdo

... Hmmm... Well, it was a full 'Star Trek' band called 'the Crew' ..We did funky/jazzy versions of all the Trek themes plus many Sci-Fi TV & film tunes... Played a bunch of conventions (...some of the weirdest gigs I've ever done!) ... Did several TV appearances, including the Big Breakfast & MTV's Hanging Out... & it was a great gig in some ways.... but not what I was really wanting to do at the time!... :unsure: :ph34r:
[/quote]

Are they still going and do they need a bassist/guitarist/trianglist/banjoist/kazooist?
That would be the best gig ever.....
:):):):)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1341501117' post='1720123']
Are they still going and do they need a bassist/guitarist/trianglist/banjoist/kazooist?
That would be the best gig ever.....
:):) :):)
[/quote]

Well.... Paramount would only grant us a licence to play at Trek conventions if we paid them £10,000!... & threatened to sue us if we continued to do so without their licence!... So it ended... Jon Dalton, the main man behind the whole idea, went on to be a great Jazz guitarist... I donned the 70's pantomime gear of the previous photo!....

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341494524' post='1719997']
Not surprising, really. I'd rather wear the dress and wig than be seen dead in that white shirt/black t-shirt combo. What was he thinking? Plus, he's proving publicly that he's a miserable stuck-in-the-mud party pooper, too. Though he [i]is [/i]a guitarist, so... what d'you expect? :lol:
[/quote]

Wig? Wig?

That's my bloody hair! :angry:
:lol:

[quote name='bottomfeed' timestamp='1341501795' post='1720142']
Well.... Paramount would only grant us a licence to play at Trek conventions if we paid them £10,000!... & threatened to sue us if we continued to do so without their licence!... So it ended... Jon Dalton, the main man behind the whole idea, went on to be a great Jazz guitarist... I donned the 70's pantomime gear of the previous photo!....
[/quote]

Jazz guitarist and legendary chemist. Was there anything the man couldn't do? :P

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1341476024' post='1719468']
I have a series of gigs coming up depping on bass for a local (I think slightly tongue in cheek) country band.

[/quote] I actually play for a professional Country Music band. You can be assured however, I would never ever wear a shirt like that!!

[/quote]

OMG!!!! I think that sounds AWESOME :D

Shame about Paramount being arses :-(

Edited by SpaceChick