Why become a member? ×

What was I thinking.. Ban me from Ebay...

Nibody

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170866561910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170866561910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649[/url]

Impulse buy.. now I just need the spandex leggings, cowboy boots and wig. Oh lordy...

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1341150028' post='1714296']
I think that's rather a handsome instrument at a very fair price. Worth it just for the fun of whipping it out at your next rehearsal and watching the blood drain from your bandmates' faces. :)
[/quote]

I actually quite like the look of it.. but yep, first rehersal after it arrives its coming with me...

"Guys, I'm bored of the P's and the Thunderbirds, I thought this would better suit our sound..." LOL

To be fair my Portaflex could make an elastic band on a cardboard box sound good.. that and we do play Classic Rock covers.. Or maybe I could take up the Judas Priest tribute band a mate was talking about.. LOL

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1341150618' post='1714306']
first rehersal after it arrives its coming with me...

Or maybe I could take up the Judas Priest tribute band a mate was talking about.. LOL[/quote]

I'd say the plan is coming together nicely. A substantial return on a very small investment.

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1341148138' post='1714274']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170866561910?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649[/url]

Impulse buy.. now I just need the spandex leggings, cowboy boots and wig. Oh lordy...
[/quote]I hope you're very, very tall :lol:

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1341158170' post='1714462']
Bargain!

The best guitar I've ever played was a Dean - an early 80's US Cadillac in blueburst.
[/quote]

My mate has a Caddilac - not the one with the classic "Dean" V headstock. It is a very nice guitar
[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1341163374' post='1714556']
If you end up with more basses you're definitely moving in the right direction ;)
[/quote]
[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1341162899' post='1714549']
I'm getting this all wrong though - i sell two as I have too many, then buy three...LOL
[/quote]

I'm sure my wife would disagree at length with you. Worse thing is just bought a neck from an old Jap Precision copy, and it's actually a Jazz neck.. you can see where this is going...

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1341164366' post='1714571']

My mate has a Caddilac - not the one with the classic "Dean" V headstock. It is a very nice guitar

I'm sure my wife would disagree at length with you. Worse thing is just bought a neck from an old Jap Precision copy, and it's actually a Jazz neck.. you can see where this is going...
[/quote]

The more basses you own the less chance there is of you wanting to spend more of her shoe fund on extending your collection.... Maybe?

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1341164366' post='1714571']
[/quote]
I've got one too, with the Shrimpfork headstock, in Blueburst. I hate it! It plays fine and sounds OK, but it's ugly and has a Floyd Rose trem on it. My wife picked the bloomin' thing, it's all her fault!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1341165527' post='1714582']
£56?

You spent £56???

You could buy two rounds of drinks in a London pub for that ...
[/quote]

Most London hotels do a nice cooked English breakfast for £56, for their fine business guests who don't mind as work is paying. I'd rather eat a Dean bass, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...