Why become a member? ×

Oh dear GAS has already started!!!

SpaceChick

I've been on this forum less than a week and I have already upgraded my crap little 15W practice amp which is tinnier than a tin can for a Peavey Max 112 proper bass amp :)

There is no hope for me is there????

I am already drooling after some Yamaha basses too, and was looking at the Cort ones in the shop today! LOL!

Its criminal. There should be bass GAS police to keep us in check. After promising not to acquire any more basses my wife had one fall on her from inside a storage cupboard that she never normally goes near. I thought it would be safe in there. A good tactic is to get some empty cases and then it becomes difficult for anyone to really know how many bits of kit you have.

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1337784256' post='1665409']
mdphilips1956 (ebay username) is selling a rather sw*** and very reasonably priced Cort on the bay of e at the moment. Its rather nice.
[/quote]

NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! My Oh is already going to have a fit when he sees the monster amp in the living room...... I have to say its sounding sweet though :D

Ok have just copied user name.... Off to eBay I go!

Edited by SpaceChick

repeat after me: "My name is (insert online pseudonym here" and I have a problem with GAS".

My pedalboard has been in a state of flux ever since I joined BC. I've kept my main bass and my cabinet but have been through (if memory serves) 4 different heads and probably somewhere in the region of 20 pedals in 18 months.

Not. Good.

fun though... :gas:

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1337788229' post='1665498']
It's buy it now Deb, but I really can't afford a new bass yet!
[/quote]

But surely you need to make good use of your new amp? I mean, you've spent the money on that so it would be a shame not to get the most out of it ....

Edited by debwilliams

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1337788418' post='1665505']
I suggest you save that guy on ebay. He take a guitar and (if you pardon the expression) makes luthier love to them. He restores them and sets them up perfect. Plus, they are all so cheap!
[/quote]

Eh, I think you will find that quite a few knowlagable folk on here think otherwise :D

Jez

GAS!! I was already a victim before I joined this forum. Then someone (step forward Mr H!) pointed me to a Warwick lefty fretless 5 going cheap which I was absolutely sure I'd play a only couple of times. Some two months and a set of D'Addario Chromes later, it's my main instrument, and I'm a happy woman :D
GAS immediately continued with a new upright 5 and a new acoustic... hey, we only live once, right? And - as a Tuscan saying goes - Death needs to find us alive :)