Why become a member? ×

dv247 anyone bought an amp from them?

thebuckets

has anyone ever used DV247?
they have the orange bass terror amp in stock and have agreed to price matched thomann (who wont have it till 8.06.12) they also offer a 4 yr warranty as opposed to thomanns 3yr as well as matching the 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee. sounds good but a 4 yr warranty is no good if theyre not here in 18 months! Thomann i know have been round for ages and are one of the big boys so more than likely to honour the warranty.

Err....DV are massive. That's no guarantee they'll be around in 3 years' time just as we don't know if Thomann will. What we do know is:

1) The warranty is a MANUFACTURER'S warranty and, in the event of a warranty issue, you can take the amp back to any authorised dealer in the country of pruchase

2) If you buy from Germany, the warranty is upheld in Germany. So, back the amp goes. At your expense.

3) If DV have given you a good service, why wouldn't you want to buy from them?

Seriously, these guys are doing everything you ask and you're still questioning it? Look at the state of our economy. Look at how many music shops have gone from our high streets. Can there be any better reason to support your local shops or failing that, at least buying in this country when the deal is BETTER that the one you've got from Thomann?!!

[quote name='MindGoneBlank' timestamp='1337721871' post='1664635']
Err....DV are massive. That's no guarantee they'll be around in 3 years' time just as we don't know if Thomann will. What we do know is:

1) The warranty is a MANUFACTURER'S warranty and, in the event of a warranty issue, you can take the amp back to any authorised dealer in the country of pruchase

2) If you buy from Germany, the warranty is upheld in Germany. So, back the amp goes. At your expense.

3) If DV have given you a good service, why wouldn't you want to buy from them?

Seriously, these guys are doing everything you ask and you're still questioning it? Look at the state of our economy. Look at how many music shops have gone from our high streets. Can there be any better reason to support your local shops or failing that, at least buying in this country when the deal is BETTER that the one you've got from Thomann?!!
[/quote]
all good points and ones id already realised myself its just that i've never bought from them before and was wondering if any of you have...

regarding this warranty period though GAK tried to tell me that the manufacturers warranty was 2yrs only and that it would have to be an in house repair from anyone offering longer. But I expect that might have been them trying to get me to buy from them instead

My understanding with the warranty was that the first 2 years were from the manufacturer and the second 2 years were from DV247 so you'd need to send it back to them after the first 2 years. My Harke rig came from DV247, fast delivery, cab was damaged but they send another one & collected the first when the second was delivered.

DV are excellent to deal with. I've had amps from them before, and service was excellent. They'll help even when there are issues with the manufacturer... my relationship with Peavey has deteriorated beyond repair, but DV were there to offer good, old fashioned customer service. Can't rate them highly enough!

I bought an amp from them last year (Hartke LH-500).

It developed a fault after a few weeks - crackly volume pot. Phoned DV247 and told them what was up and what I'd like to do to fix it (contact cleaner spray for vol pot). They agreed I could do this without affecting warranty.

Didn't fix it. Back it went to DV247. Pot replaced by Korg and returned to me via DV247.

Top chaps to deal with and the fact they let me open up the amp to do the obvious squirt without upsetting the warranty was great.

Just talking to them about an expensive new kb (works both ways).. Not only have they beaten the best price from Thomann/Woodbrass by quite a bit, they're getting two of my options in for me to try next week (Korg Kronos 88 and Nord Stage 2 88) without me even having to prompt.. Sort of a no-brainer as far as I can see - they'll be getting my business...

Thanks everyone. Just got my Orange Terror bass from them. They beat thomann by £8 knocking £41 off their own price. Gave 4 yrs warranty and delivered next day at the one hour time slot texted to me in the morning on the day of delivery.Very pleased :-)

[quote name='Stag' timestamp='1338460410' post='1674832']
Another +1 for DV here. The Cambridge shop service was superb - the manager (Duncan) really knows how to keep a customer informed of everything. Will use them again for sure.
[/quote]

Duncan is cool :)

It's always good when you're on first name terms :lol: