Why become a member? ×

Pro Bass Player wanted Immediately

BassBunny

This popped up on a North West Band Forum and is nothing to do with me, so any questions, contact them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are looking for an experienced Bass Player to join us on our 2012 UK Tour.

We are a traditional circus that travel for nine months each year. You can have a look at our website at [url="http://www.americancircus.co.uk/"]www.americancircus.co.uk[/url] or our Facebook page [url="http://www.facebook.com/american"]www.facebook.com/american[/url] circus to get a feel of what our show is about.

We have an already established band, however our current bassist is leaving due to personal reasons and we need a replacement.
We are looking for someone to play bass throughout the show. The style ranges from current pop, to rock, jazz and big band styles. All our acts have a different set piece, with the overture/finale to play as well. You would also be responsible for the building up/packing down of the band stand and the equipment within it. Also we ask that you help with publicity for the show in the mornings.

We need someone available for immediate start, but even if you could only join us for a couple of weeks until we find a more full time replacement then give me a ring anyway!

We work five days a week, mostly with two shows a day. There will be plenty of time to relax as we usually change ground once a week or every two weeks, in the summer we stay in one place for four weeks.

Accommodation will be provided. Good weekly pay- around £250 - £300 a week with the opportunity to earn more. If all goes well, there could be opportunity for a repeat contract for nine months in 2013.

Own transport is preferred but not essential.

Please do not be put off by the word circus! We have a great company of artists, work staff and families that travel with our show from all over the Uk, Europe and America. Its a great experience and if you take to circus life, you may never want to leave.

If you think you may be interested, or know someone who is - heres my number

Thank you,

Candice Taylor.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but £25 per performance is pretty naff. The standard pro touring rate rate is around £1,000 a week. But on the other hand............ it sure sounds like a lot of fun. :)

"You would also be responsible for the building up/packing down of the band stand and the equipment within it. Also we ask that you help with publicity for the show in the mornings. "

.... This might make it a bit less fun. :-)

Edited by geoffbassist

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1336165245' post='1642112']
They pay the elephants peanuts!
[/quote]

And they pay the Lions with Lion trainers.

Good luck to the guy that has taken it - if he is sitting around doing nothing, then why not ?
Or just do it to something more lucrative comes along. You are not being asked to commit for life.

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1336217816' post='1642619']

Good luck to the guy that has taken it - if he is sitting around doing nothing, then why not ?
Or just do it to something more lucrative comes along. You are not being asked to commit for life.

[/quote]

Thanks man, I was just doing nothing.

Plus £300 quid a week for 3 hours work a day ain't to be sniffed at, more than I made doing 3 times that at my bar. Plus I get free accommodation, no bills, and get paid extra to setup and sell tickets. Worth while bit of fun and excitement if you ask me and the people here are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could run away and join the circus! Good luck! :D

Edit: And yes, a circus diary please! Or even a circus video diary! Would make a great TV programme/book! You could end up with a lucrative publishing contract!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1337099146' post='1655456']
I wish I could run away and join the circus! Good luck! :D
[/quote]

I was working with a Keyboard player who at that time had been working on 'Les Mis' for over ten years.
When i asked him how it was going ? He said " I am a bit fed up with it now - I think i am going to run away and join a factory" :lol:

Garry