Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD. MIA 2008 Precision.

solo4652

Bump-up for a really nice 2008 USA Precision in virtually unmarked condition.

I'll leave my first post (below) unedited so that the subsequent posts make sense in relation to it. Full details of the bass are at post no. 12.

Steve

Hi,

I'm selling my base guitar 'coz I don't play it no more. Looks like this:

[attachment=104300:001 (2).JPG]

Any questions? Just ask...

:D

Edited by solo4652

A slightly more comprehensive ad will help you sell it man, i.e. condition, year, model number, case/no case etc and a few more high res pics of the fretboard, headstock etc will defo help too!

Oh, and its BASS not BASE :) good luck bud!

Russ.

To make 828 posts on a Bass forum and not know how to spell it TWICE. Sorry mate heres your coat. Theres the door, you know the score...............*

What colour is it? I only ready the description and couldnt be [email="ar@ed"]ar@ed[/email] to look at the pic.

*all in jest of course style bump for having the nerve. ;)

A

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1333704072' post='1605406']
Hi,

I'm selling my base guitar 'coz I don't play it no more. Looks like this:

[attachment=104300:001 (2).JPG]

Any questions? Just ask...

:D
[/quote]
Here - I got 1 looks like that, sept is difurunt colur and white bits gold and writin on the top bits not same what do yu fink its wurf?

Folks,

I'm concerned that some people may have misinterpreted my attempt at a self-bumping "For Sale" post. To avoid any further possible confusion, here's what's happening; I really do have a lovely MIA 2008 Precision for sale. Here's the spec:

Serial no: Z8091250 2008, black body, maple neck and fingerboard, white/black/white try-ply scratchguard, high-mass bridge and carbon-reinforced neck. Completely unaltered except for the Status halfwound strings.
Comes with Fender SBK hard case, with all the bits and bobs: Truss-rod tool, Owner's manual, case key, allen keys, unused Fender strap.

It's never been gigged. I've taken it to a few rehearsals and to a few gigs as a back-up to either my G&L or my Ibanez Blazer. Consequently, it's in really nice condition with only the very faintest hint of buckle-rash on the back. Other than that, I'm struggling to find any marks at all.

I'm selling it because it's too nice to be sitting at home unused or merely taken out as a backup. The last thing I want is for some drunken punter to trip over it at a boisterous pub gig.

Anybody who is interested is most welcome to come round and try it out. I'm at home most of the time.

Photos:

[attachment=104409:002 (2).JPG]

[attachment=104411:003.JPG]

[attachment=104412:011.JPG]

Send me your email by PM if you want any more information, or a specific camera angle. Hope that clarifies the situation.

Peace.

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1333743700' post='1606099']
That actually makes sense.

What happened at the first post? Were you BaCraped?
[/quote]

Well, my plan was for a "teaser" campaign where I drip-fed information over a period of time to periodically re-kindle interest and bump the thread. Seems I misjudged it. :mellow:

Steve

It's like mine, but like a negative. Maple/white/black vs Rosewood/black/white.

I'd buy it but I'd be frightened of ripping a hole in space/time if they're were kept in the same room.

PS. I was unsure of the ultralights on a P bass but now I'm a convert.

Edited by bigjohn

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1333744363' post='1606102']
Well, my plan was for a "teaser" campaign where I drip-fed information over a period of time to periodically re-kindle interest and bump the thread. Seems I misjudged it. :mellow:

Steve
[/quote]

Well you may have misjudged it (we're a bit too clever by 'alf here sometimes ;) ) but hey how many bumps have you got.

Its been amusing ;) :D

oh and heres your coat back :lol:

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1333786734' post='1606343']
Well you may have misjudged it (we're a bit too clever by 'alf here sometimes ;) ) but hey how many bumps have you got.

Its been amusing ;) :D

oh and heres your coat back :lol:

A
[/quote]

Coat return appreciated. My attempt at a light-hearted sales thread has not gone as planned. Sort of. ;)

So - to return to the sale - anybody want to buy my 2008 MIA Precision?

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1333795487' post='1606525']
Coat return appreciated. [b]My attempt at a light-hearted sales thread has not gone as planned.[/b] Sort of. ;)

So - to return to the sale - anybody want to buy my 2008 MIA Precision?
[/quote]

I thought everyone saw it as a bit of a light hearted thread. I certainly did :)

Oh and erm no thanks Im good for Precisions thanks.

A

[quote name='jonsebass' timestamp='1333810473' post='1606820']
A quick scan of ebay for Base Guitar brings back some tasty results!
[/quote]

Pretty sure eBay have started listing "base guitars" under "bass guitars" as well unfortunately. Least I've seen some like that, with no apparent mention of "bass" in the title or description.