Why become a member? ×

Bands dominated by a single guitarist ?

GRAHAM SG1

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1333147073' post='1598256']
What a travesty. They should have had the decency to change their name when they went all west coast AOR. Peter Green would be turning in his grave if he hadn't come back from the dead.
[/quote]

But Peter Green had Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan, the thread says single guitarist and L B does it all by himself.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1333148020' post='1598266']

But Peter Green had Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan, the thread says single guitarist and L B does it all by himself.
[/quote]

Yes, fair point. I was really just mourning the loss of the 'real' Fleetwood Mac.

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' timestamp='1333134564' post='1598015']
How many bands have had their sound dominated by a single guitarist in an original way, obviously Hendrix etc but how about Dr Feelgood, Wilko is a great player with style and is still going strong, he is no great singer but his guitar speaks enough !

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yimn3Y19R-A&feature=related[/media]
[/quote]

Have to agree, but a lot of Feelgoods songs were best live and with the original lineup cos of J B Sparkes Bass lines, nothing flash, but still underrated in my humble,

Not so much with Shouldnt Call the Doctor but if you watch the rest of that concert video theres some great Bass lines on it...

Edited by BRANCINI

Good replies, I think what I was saying was that Wilko`s guitar set the style and sound of the band in a unique way, you could not have Dr Feelgood without him, they did exist for a while but not the same sound, his guitar almost jumps out at you and is the first thing I hear !

I agree about Hank Marvin too !

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1333308805' post='1599899']
Johnny Marr?
[/quote]

Definitely Johnny marr, the only really goood thing about the smiths tbh.

How about The Pirates, Mick Green ?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QEQCWAjXFI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QEQCWAjXFI[/url]

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1333308685' post='1599895']
Rainbow. Actually Blackmore in Purple too, other guitarists have come into the band but they all had their own styles so none of them sound any way similar.
[/quote]

Ritchie is one of my favourites too :)