Why become a member? ×

My rig and My newly pimped practice room

tayste_2000

Spent Saturday laying around 400 carpet tiles on the walls and floors and just want to show off :D

Apologies for the instagram pics but it helps hide my poor photography skills.

The Rig.

To do this room cheaply I picked up a pallet of 500 misc carpet tiles and with some planning I created a floor design with a border, 2 stripes and a 5m wide space invader with orange eyes in the middle of the room :D

Drum kit for the moment, but that will move when the other band I sub-let to moves out

We put the acronym for the band in the wall as well ;) drummer sat here before we did any other work.

Yes those are subs under the sofa :D it makes for gallery seating, great way to watch a band practice.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='janmaat' timestamp='1331653105' post='1576616']
Phantastic. Though, I'd probably pop a chipboard under the sofa for a feet rest ;)
[/quote]

This (although in English it's just called a foot rest). The practice place looks great. Nice idea about the gallery seating and everything, not sure who would come to watch our band practice though lol. Funnily enough I just took a picture of our practice room (which is also my bedroom) last night:

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1331556902' post='1574648']

We put the acronym for the band in the wall as well ;) drummer sat here before we did any other work.

Yes those are subs under the sofa :D it makes for gallery seating, great way to watch a band practice.
[/quote]

Wipe clean sofa, on top of massive subs - the brown note is well catered for, sir :)

This is a super practice room, very envious. Looks superb, chief.