Why become a member? ×

Shuker Uberhorn 5

shizznit

I waffled on a bit in the video because I was really pumped when I opened the case. I think covered everything!

I'll upload a sound clip of the bass as soon as I get time next week. I'll also post a review on BC.

Almost forgot! A big thanks to Dood for helping me get this build off the ground. His in depth product knowledge really helped me to make the right decision to place an order with Jon Shuker.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1381920340' post='2245369']
I waffled on a bit in the video because I was really pumped when I opened the case. I think covered everything!

I'll upload a sound clip of the bass as soon as I get time next week. I'll also post a review on BC.

Almost forgot! A big thanks to Dood for helping me get this build off the ground. His in depth product knowledge really helped me to make the right decision to place an order with Jon Shuker.
[/quote]

Doods 7 string remains the nicest bass I've ever played. I can do things on that bass I've never been able to do on any other!

I love the momentary silence just as you opened the case, followed by laughter. You could have got away with stopping the video there and we'd have totally got it. That said, a very thorough walk through the construction, very informative, thanks for that. Looking forward to hearing the sound clips.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1381932963' post='2245689']
I love the momentary silence just as you opened the case, followed by laughter. You could have got away with stopping the video there and we'd have totally got it. That said, a very thorough walk through the construction, very informative, thanks for that. Looking forward to hearing the sound clips.
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't really intend to chat about the bass to that extent, but a few of my friends that are not BC members were interested to know more about it, so it was for more their benefit really...and anyone else considering placing an order with Shuker too.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1381940170' post='2245807']

Yeah, I didn't really intend to chat about the bass to that extent, but a few of my friends that are not BC members were interested to know more about it, so it was for more their benefit really...and anyone else considering placing an order with Shuker too.
[/quote]It is a great advert for Shuker to be sure. This has got me wanting to add a veneer to my stripped Ibby GWB35 to lose, as you describe perfectly, that IKEA look :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Pete1967' timestamp='1382699614' post='2255555']
should we assume from the lack of updates that the bass hasn't yet left your body, thereby preventing access to a computer keyboard... :D

Seriously - how does it sound. Really hoping it's sounds as good as it looks?
[/quote]

Nope... I'm currently prying it from his cold, dead hands :lol:

[quote name='Pete1967' timestamp='1382699614' post='2255555']
should we assume from the lack of updates that the bass hasn't yet left your body, thereby preventing access to a computer keyboard... :D

Seriously - how does it sound. Really hoping it's sounds as good as it looks?
[/quote]

Your not far away from the truth!

The bass has played 6 gigs since it arrived and done a recording job, so I have given it a good test drive.

Once I get the chance to sit down infront of my computer I will post a detailed review. In short, Jon has done a very fine job! The bass is incredible!

• 2 weeks later...

Now I am excited,

Just finalising my new bass with Jon,

I've had 2 of his basses both were stunning,

This new one will be absolutely amazing if this work is anything to go by.

Awesome..!!

Do you know us British have some of the best builders in the world, make me humble to be sure. :)

Edited by zenbassuk