Why become a member? ×

Shuker Uberhorn 5

shizznit

Jon told me that it just needs to be put together now...hardware and electronics. I can't go to the workshop to collect it until the end of the month, so when I give him the heads up he will spend an afternoon wrapping it up for me. The photos he said he was going to send me never showed up, but I'm not bothered about that. I want it to be a little bit of a surprise when I pick it up. Really looking forward to it!

The Überhorn is my fav model. Such a sexy looking instrument! I have specs to discuss with Jon when I pick up the bass for a 5 string thru-neck single cut order which will eventually replace my Lakland for studio work. I was going to order a J bass with Jon, but I bought a superb hot rodded Fender USA Deluxe last year which is great fun to play.

• 5 weeks later...

Just picked up an email from Jon. The bass is assembled and all he needs to do now is install the preamp. It will be completed and ready for collection next week! Still managed to hold off asking Jon for new pics, so it still be a bit of a surprise. I'm not going to get much sleep over the next few days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's finished! Has been for a while.

It has been really frustrating for Jon and myself over the past 3 weeks. I haven't been able to visit the workshop to collect the bass and Jon has had problems with Hiscox. He ran out of cases and there is a delay at the Hiscox factory. So, Jon hasn't been able to send the bass in one of his custom cases. Jon called me last week and said he bought a standard Hiscox case to send the bass to me and will send the custom case when they come back into stock in a couple weeks time. He is letting me keep the other case, which is very kind of him. It has just come down to bad timing and circumstances for the both of us.

Strictly speaking, I could have had the bass two weeks ago, but I have been away from home due to work commitments and could not guarantee a date that I would be able to receive the bass. I have given myself a week off next week, so Jon has wrapped up the bass over the weekend and will be with me this coming Tuesday. Can't wait!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1381757287' post='2243192']
WOOHOO! excited for you mate!!
[/quote]

Cheers! Even my girlfriend is excited. Well, it could be just that she will be relieved once it is delivered because I haven't shut up about it since the day ordered it!

The only snag is that as soon as it arrives in the morning I'm off to a job soon afterwards. If I am short of time (depending on what time in the morning it will arrive), I will try to shoot a video clip on my iPhone after I have unpacked it and upload on the move as I probably won't have enough time to take a load of pics. When I get back on Thursday I will upload lots of detailed pics using a good digital camera.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1381758598' post='2243208']
Cheers! Even my girlfriend is excited. Well, it could be just that she will be relieved once it is delivered because I haven't shut up about it since the day ordered it!

The only snag is that as soon as it arrives in the morning I'm off to a job soon afterwards. If I am short of time (depending on what time in the morning it will arrive), I will try to shoot a video clip on my iPhone after I have unpacked it and upload on the move as I probably won't have enough time to take a load of pics. When I get back on Thursday I will upload lots of detailed pics using a good digital camera.
[/quote]

:lol: an end to the waiting is a relief in itself matey!

I hope it's as perfect as you're expecting it to be an dI am very much looking forward to extensive pics/vids of the new baby as soon as you can manage! You are a busy boy which is obviously a good thing but it does rather get in the way of enjoying the slow and careful unwrapping... ;)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1381758907' post='2243213']
....You are a busy boy which is obviously a good thing but it does rather get in the way of enjoying the slow and careful unwrapping... ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, it's going to be agonising unpacking it then leaving it at home for a couple of days before I can play it through an amp. I might not even get the chance to open the case if it arrives any later than 11am. But, on the plus side, I will be able to get familiar with it for a couple of days before it makes it's debut on stage this Saturday.

Just checked the UPS tracking...it's now in Tamworth! Half way to its new home! Gosh, I really need to get a grip.

The bass arrived this morning! Just about had enough time to shoot a video of me opening the case and seeing the bass for the first time. I had to leave in a hurry and hoped that the video would upload to YouTube whilst using the wi-fi at the services, but I wasn't getting anywhere fast with it. I will try again later tonight, but I have asked my girlfriend to take some pictures, email them to me and then I will upload them to this thread later on tonight.

Guys...take my word for it...this bass is a stunner! Watch this space!

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1381850710' post='2244539']
You are playing with our emotions. Harsh.
[/quote]

Not as harsh as I'm experiencing! Just been talking about the bass to the guys during our soundcheck and I wish that I never left it at home now. Cant believe that I will have to wait until Thursday to give it the beans :( . The action was a little higher than I like, so it would have taken some time to setup to my liking which is time I don't have tonight.

The video seems to be uploading from my iPhone now just using my 4G signal, so its a race between my girlfriend and YouTube! I should be able to upload either the video or pics within the hour.

Edited by shizznit