Why become a member? ×

Grease

waynepunkdude

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1329724897' post='1546281']
I've 'done' Grease twice now and it's great fun. On the other hand, I've just done The Sound Of Music and I think the bass part must've been written for the Tuba :( .
[/quote]
On a side note, wasn't for the leatherhead theatre was it, by chance?

On Topic, I've played a few musicals with school bands and at the local theatre, and I've always enjoyed myself. :) Anywhere from Rocky Horror Show to Rent to Carousel.

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1329697180' post='1546209']
Not sure if "You're The One That I Want" is in the original score but the movie soundtrack version has a great bassline.
[/quote]
That's the only one I ever learned from it as someone said they might need it for a jam session (never got to play in the end though!) Wouldn't say it was especially easy but a nice line as you say.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got offered to play in Grease next week as someone dropped out and got a last minute call.

Anyone got a PDF of the score that I could check over before rehearsals? I hate going into these kind of things and having to do all the markings etc as well as reading the dots for the first time.

Thanks in advance!