Why become a member? ×

Guy finds 62/63 Shell Pink Jazz Bass..it's all going off on Talkbass

umcoo

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1329743626' post='1546559']
What would've been hilarious is if someone did get in contact with the deceased relatives, and they just said something along the lines of "F*ck it, its of no use to us, its yours"

Liam
[/quote]

You mean via a ouija board or psychic or something? ;)

[quote name='kerley' timestamp='1329754848' post='1546804']
The clubs are for those desperately seeking a sense of belonging and feel they share something with others by choosing the same bass (most probably)
[/quote]
I've seen more than a few posts where someone comments that they have a Fender or Rick bass that looks just like another poster's.
Sherlock must've been right outta sh*t that day!!!

[quote name='kerley' timestamp='1329754848' post='1546804']
The clubs are for those desperately seeking a sense of belonging and feel they share something with others by choosing the same bass (most probably)[/quote]

Two interesting observations there and subsequently.

It might indeed be the case that some of those 'club' members are the sort of chap that spends long winter evenings scanning Russian Bride websites the better to curtail his extended virginhood.

Yet could one not level the same inference at people who join Bass websites like - er - where we are now? My good friend Kevin laughs immoderately when I mention the name 'Basschat', yet colours with irritation when I poke fun at his membership of The Rover P5 Owners Club. Are most men not defensively obsessive about their interests and seek the company of the like-minded?

Being of a generally sunny disposition, I tend to ignore the faint and possibly unintended whiff of exclusivity inherent in the term 'Club' and assume that the second observation is the case. That people simply wish to share a possibly unhealthy interest in specific details and - perhaps - to swap practical information such the availability of spare parts, Rover air filters or Muscovite divorcees, etc.

If nothing else, by confining egregious geekery to a well-signposted enclosure, the disinterested may pass by in safety. Long live the clubs!

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1329756944' post='1546844']
Two interesting observations there and subsequently.

It might indeed be the case that some of those 'club' members are the sort of chap that spends long winter evenings scanning Russian Bride websites the better to curtail his extended virginhood.

Yet could one not level the same inference at people who join Bass websites like - er - where we are now? My good friend Kevin laughs immoderately when I mention the name 'Basschat', yet colours with irritation when I poke fun at his membership of The Rover P5 Owners Club. Are most men not defensively obsessive about their interests and seek the company of the like-minded?

Being of a generally sunny disposition, I tend to ignore the faint and possibly unintended whiff of exclusivity inherent in the term 'Club' and assume that the second observation is the case. That people simply wish to share a possibly unhealthy interest in specific details and - perhaps - to swap practical information such the availability of spare parts, Rover air filters or Muscovite divorcees, etc.

If nothing else, by confining egregious geekery to a well-signposted enclosure, the disinterested may pass by in safety. Long live the clubs!

[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

it would seem that given the statistical superiority of TB, this also ensures that its engorged population will attracts a number of 'members' who think they are some sort of musical equivalent of a gnostic secret society :P

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1329742768' post='1546543']
kind of like you telling us your wifes a supermodel and then only showing a picture of her birthmark. I don't think that would have sold many copies of playboy :P
[/quote]

I agree, but since it's not actually my bass I don't want to post pics without the owners permission. I was just doing some work on it and bagged a few pics for myself.

D.

It`s all kicked off again with our friends across the pond. After having another thread about this bass stopped, the guy has had the bass inspected and has put up lots of new pics. Worth a look.

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/verified%3Dshell-pink%3Doriginal-1962-vintage-fender-jazz-bass-take-3-a-858967/"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/verified%3Dshell-pink%3Doriginal-1962-vintage-fender-jazz-bass-take-3-a-858967/[/url]

Jez

That guy (The OP) is a real, Piece of work.
He stole it from that poor guy and there's just nothing else to it.

I sit around every night hoping that he crashes his car into a telephone pole because he has it and I hope it really happens. He needs to do the right thing and dig that guy up and give it back to him. Along with a letter of apology, some candy in a heart shaped box, a dozen roses, and an apology card hand written.

I can't believe we still have such horrible people running around the world today. what a waste of space.

I heard he bought it from a maintenance man after the original owner moved out and left it behind,,,,,,That is sooooooo illegal it's not funny. They should burn hi at the steak then take his remains and string him up for all the towns people to pee and spit on him. Karma is gonna have her way with this guy and I know the lady she is a real B!+CH!!!!!
I am personally gonna make it my mission in life to find out who this guy is and steal that bass back and give it back to the rightful owners, and if not them than I will find a brother of the bass (Tongue in cheek) to give it to.
And if that doesn't work I think it is right that I keep it seeing as how I have done all the proper steps of morally obtaining ownership of something that isn't mine.

I'm embarrassed to even live in the same time as this P.O.S.

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1330651336' post='1561144']

I sit around every night hoping that he crashes his car into a telephone pole because he has it and I hope it really happens. He needs to do the right thing and dig that guy up and give it back to him. Along with a letter of apology, some candy in a heart shaped box, a dozen roses, and an apology card hand written.

I can't believe we still have such horrible people running around the world today. what a waste of space.

I heard he bought it from a maintenance man after the original owner moved out and left it behind,,,,,,That is sooooooo illegal it's not funny. They should burn hi at the steak then take his remains and string him up for all the towns people to pee and spit on him. Karma is gonna have her way with this guy and I know the lady she is a real B!+CH!!!!!
I am personally gonna make it my mission in life to find out who this guy is and steal that bass back and give it back to the rightful owners, and if not them than I will find a brother of the bass (Tongue in cheek) to give it to.
And if that doesn't work I think it is right that I keep it seeing as how I have done all the proper steps of morally obtaining ownership of something that isn't mine.

[/quote]

That is disgusting.

Who do you think you are? Some sort of judge and jury on how people can act? What do you think gives you the right to come here to this forum, where we treat people with respect, and type that kind of bile? If you have these sorts of opinions on people and wish that they would die so gruesomely, keep them to yourself in future, we're not interested.

Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1330653428' post='1561168']
That is disgusting.

Who do you think you are? Some sort of judge and jury on how people can act? What do you think gives you the right to come here to this forum, where we treat people with respect, and type that kind of bile? If you have these sorts of opinions on people and wish that they would die so gruesomely, keep them to yourself in future, we're not interested.

Truckstop
[/quote]

I was being facetious, I am the OP the pink bass finder.
I saw this in a search and just stopped by to say thanks for the support from you guys in the UK
Don't worry don't plan on hanging out long just wanted to say thanks.

So on a serious note, to all of you guys that were backing me up since all of this came about, I appreciate it.

To anyone that was unsure let me assure you, this bass was bought honestly and respectfully their was no immoral practices and no laws were broken.

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1330655792' post='1561185']
Ah, coat firmly in hand! That'll teach me to jump to conclusions!
Sorry mate :blush:

Alex
[/quote] No worries, Sorry for taking so long to come back and post who I was, and really, thanks again for sticking up for me even though it was me against myself, :D

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1330656502' post='1561187']
No worries, Sorry for taking so long to come back and post who I was, and really, thanks again for sticking up for me even though it was me against myself, :D
[/quote]

I think it was because your quote was not in quotes. Took me a few seconds to realise too.

There are some idiots around, quite sickening isn't it.

Congratulations on your find! It is quite amazing! This could have ended up as a cheap present for someone who doesn't appreciate it or know what they have. It's a beautiful looking Jazz and whatever you do, sell it and get what you really want, or keep it and cherish it, feel good about it :)

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1330651336' post='1561144']

[/quote]

you are being [i][b]IRONIC[/b][/i] ... yes?

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1330449736' post='1557732']
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nswcAPvH0P8#!"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nswcAPvH0P8#![/url]
[/quote]
CLEARLY this factory ONLY selected the best quality rosewood and who had a NO COMPROMISE approach to manufacture. Look at the obsessive attention to detail in the use of the bandsaw...the painstaking and obsessive compulsive manner they stacked the wood.

On the other hand, they could just be whacking out product to meet demand...I could be wrong though...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1330655792' post='1561185']
Ah, coat firmly in hand! That'll teach me to jump to conclusions!
Sorry mate :blush:

Alex
[/quote]

lol that's class!

It's a great bass and as I said on the over the pond forum, it's made me decide on the colour (color?!) for my next bass.

[quote name='1SHOT1HIT' timestamp='1330654089' post='1561171']
Don't worry don't plan on hanging out long just wanted to say thanks.
[/quote]

Are you mad?? This forum is leagues ahead of TB.
Unless of course you're trying for #1 of the [i]"What colour scratchplate should I put on my mega-rare possibly factory refinned bass that some numbnuts hate me for legitimately owning"[/i] club???